Unhappy Injured While Moving a Pallet

On Wednesday 2015, I was injured on the Job at work I was moving a pallet and my arm got stuck in it while i was putting it down and got pulled, my left shoulder started hurting. The next day (Jan 15th, 2015) I slipped on ice twice and fell on my shoulder that was injured the previous day. On both falls my supervisor was there. Later that day I informed my employer of the incidents and did some paperwork for it. They sent me home saying to put ice and heat on it and if it still hurts on Monday to got to one of their care providers. Today I went to the care provider, there was bruising, I have the paperwork, and put me in a sling. I went to my job to give them the copies the doctor gave me to give to them, I was told to be back at work tomorrow morning. Later I received a voicemail from my job saying that the doctor said in the notes to not work at all until Thursday for a check up. I did not work, so i could heal until the next appointment. On thursday, at the appointment the doctor saw me and said I almost came close to breaking it and am very lucky. He sent me back to work but on restrictions and gave me a band to do in home physical therapy. I went to work later and gave them the paperwork the doctor gave me, and the lady in the office was treating me like crap saying things like, "oh back all ready? guess it was not serious." and "don't strain yourself to hard or you might break something (while rolling her eyes". I feel very disrespected and feel that I will loose my job soon. I looked online and saw they posted a hiring add for the exact position I'm in. The reason I am emailing you is because I don't know what to do. My wife and I are struggling financially and probably can't pay rent since I miss work to heal, but my wifes mother said that since I got injured on the job then I will get paid still? I don't know this process, do I need to file a claim? Will my job automatically do it? please help me, and thank you!
    Last edited by tony; 01-23-2015 at 06:12 AM. Reason: removed personal info.

Default Re: Help, I Don't Know What to Do

I removed the company names and dates, they could be used to identify you.

MierAaron
    since I got injured on the job then I will get paid still?
    Starting on the fourth day if you're off less than two weeks.
    If the claim is admitted, authorized medical benefits will be paid in addition to wage replacement for lost time from work (beginning on the fourth full day of lost time, if the total amount of time does not exceed 2 weeks; or on the first full day of lost time from work if the loss exceeds two weeks.)

do I need to file a claim? Will my job automatically do it?
    I would advise notifying the employer in writing of this injury as required by the rules, unless they've already filed the first report of injury to their carrier.
    Unless physically or mentally unable to do so, the injured worker must also notify the employer of the injury in writing within 4 working days of the injury.
    The employer notifies its insurance company (insurer) of the injury within 10 days of having been notified or having actual knowledge of the incident. This often takes the form of an Employer’s First Report of Injury.
    https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdle/node/37306

I went to work later and gave them the paperwork the doctor gave me, and the lady in the office was treating me like crap saying things like, "oh back all ready? guess it was not serious." and "don't strain yourself to hard or you might break something (while rolling her eyes".
    Here's a few links to browse through, they should clear things up and guide you on how to deal with these pricks.

Getting Started
    https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdle/node/37306

Forms
    Worker's Claim for Compensation (PDF) | (Word)
    Used by the injured worker if the employer does not report an injury or illness to its insurer
    https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdle/injured-workers

Disability and Benefits
    https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdl...y-and-benefits

Colorado Division of Workers' Compensation
    Frequently Asked Questions - By Employees
    http://www.coworkforce.com/dwc/faqs/employees.asp

If at anytime the employer, carrier or anyone becomes hostile or you feel overwhelmed, stop and retain an attorney who specializes in worker compensation.

Take Care
    Tony
    Last edited by tony; 01-23-2015 at 12:38 PM.
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.