Default Almost Re-Injured by Tripping at Work

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Utah.
    I don't know if this is the correct place to post this question. But I don't know where else to ask: does the problem have to be resolved, that made me trip and fall in the first place? Because this week I tripped forward over a soft, edge-warped mat for standing on cement floors but I caught myself before landing on the floor. But it was more dangerous; the mat was on a walkway, and not secluded beneath hung up clothes, where I bruised my tailbone before.
    I may not go to work tomorrow.

Default Re: I Almost Re-Injured Myself

Quote Quoting thelin View Post
    My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Utah.
    I don't know if this is the correct place to post this question. But I don't know where else to ask: does the problem have to be resolved, that made me trip and fall in the first place? Because this week I tripped forward over a soft, edge-warped mat for standing on cement floors but I caught myself before landing on the floor. But it was more dangerous; the mat was on a walkway, and not secluded beneath hung up clothes, where I bruised my tailbone before.
    I may not go to work tomorrow.
    Refusing to work could cost you your job and any benefits you are entitled to.
    Simply inform your supervisor and get a new mat, or be careful - you are aware of this condition.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

I informed my supervisor of the situation at the time of my injury.
    I need more information. Why they can say I am aware of it so be careful, seems questionable reasoning, at best. I was aware of it my first day, but still tripped.
    If they can say to be careful now that I'm aware of it, what is the purpose of any safety measure? It was known that the machine a former co- worker was found deceased in, was unsafe, but I read benefits are still applicable to his family.
    I guess there is a mutual lack of understanding, but patience and civility are still important.
    My feelings are valid to me, since I don't want to become disabled from work injury. This especially if I get no compensation due to the fact I knew about the unsafe situation.
    And I have foot pain that started about the time I started my job. Surgery I haven't funds for looks possible, as does healing, if I stay off it.

I informed my supervisor of the situation at the time of my injury.
    I need more information. Why they can say I am aware of it so be careful, seems questionable reasoning, at best. I was aware of it my first day, but still tripped.
    If they can say to be careful now that I'm aware of it, what is the purpose of any safety measure? It was known that the machine a former co- worker was found deceased in, was unsafe, but I read benefits are still applicable to his family.
    I guess there is a mutual lack of understanding, but patience and civility are still important.
    My feelings are valid to me, since I don't want to become disabled from work injury. This especially if I get no compensation due to the fact I knew about the unsafe situation.
    And I have foot pain that started about the time I started my job. Surgery I haven't funds for looks possible, as does healing, if I stay off it.
    You better talk to a lawyer and find out the real deal before you do or say anything to anyone - you may destroy your case.

Consult and retain a lawyer pronto.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

I didn't know I had a case; I don't intend to retain an attorney any more than I intend to buy my boss a new mat or inform my supervisor yet again.
    Thanks, I see that my questions are more advanced than stupid.
    Last edited by thelin; 01-24-2015 at 10:42 PM. Reason: not finished

I didn't know I had a case; I don't intend to retain an attorney any more than I intend to buy my boss a new mat or inform my supervisor yet again.
    Thanks, I see that my questions are more advanced than stupid.
    Yeh, real advanced - good luck.

Tony