Default Unscheduled Injuries

what would be the amount paid for 2 unscheduled injuries?

Default Re: Unscheduled Injuries

Quote Quoting automech01 View Post
    what would be the amount paid for 2 unscheduled injuries?
    Depends on the body parts and percentage of loss.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Still waiting on mmi should be soon I thought that that as long as it was at least 1 % I would get 55% of AMW ?

Still waiting on mmi should be soon I thought that that as long as it was at least 1 % I would get 55% of AMW ?
    That's incorrect. A scheduled loss is like if you amputate a finger or lose an eye.
    You're talking about an unscheduled injury, you'll be paid according to your loss of earning capacity. (Impairment Rating)

There are two kinds of permanent impairments, scheduled and unscheduled. Both types are paid on a monthly basis.
    A scheduled injury is to a specific body part and the Arizona Workers’ Compensation Law sets out a schedule indicating the amounts to be paid for these impairments. There is also compensation payable for visible facial scarring and loss of permanent teeth.

An unscheduled injury is the result of a general impairment, a combination of impairments to different body parts injured in one incident, or a history of other permanent impairments. In these cases, the ICA determines what amount of compensation the injured worker is entitled to based on loss of earning capacity.
    http://www.ica.state.az.us/claims/Cl...mpairment.aspx

Here's the schedule of how they pay.
    The most you can get is 312 weeks, divide your Impairment Rating into that and you should be close.
    http://www.workerscompensation.com/r...nt=2060&title=

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

So is a shoulder an unscheduled injury?

So is a shoulder an unscheduled injury?
    Yes.

UNSCHEDULED INJURIES
    If your permanent injury does not fall into the categories listed in the schedule (scheduled injuries), it is
    classified as an unscheduled general disability. Examples of these types of injuries include occupational
    diseases and injuries to the hip, shoulder, or back or a combination of impairments or a history of prior
    impairment(s). With this type of injury, the ICA determines how much compensation, if any you will receive.
    This decision is based on the effect the injury has on your ability to returnto work and the wages you are able
    to earn compared to your average monthly wage on the date of your injury. Many factors are taken into
    consideration, such as age, education, previous occupations, physical limitations, and wages earned after the injury.
    You will receive a questionnaire from the ICA requesting this information.
    The ICA will calculate your unscheduled permanent partial compensation at 55% of the difference between
    your average monthly wage and the amount they estimate you will be able to earn (reduced earning capacity)
    given your injury or at 662/3% if you are determined to be totally disabled.
    http://www.ica.state.az.us/claims/Fo...dbook_2013.pdf

Tony

Thanks for clarifying

what if you have bilateral carpal tunnel and a shoulder injury. do you have 2 scheduled and 1 unscheduled ? or 2 unscheduled.

what if you have bilateral carpal tunnel and a shoulder injury. do you have 2 scheduled and 1 unscheduled ? or 2 unscheduled.
    Neither are on the schedule, you would have two unscheduled injuries, they would combine the total of the two ratings.

Tony

My injury was made in the state of NY..this was good information I have CTS in both hands, tennis elbow ulna elbow, impinged shoulder. I've had one surgery to dominate right hand 2 pending ( I'm afraid). But somehow the IC doctor states that my injury to elbow and shoulder are fine...really? Now I'm headed to trial how is this possible?