Default My Employer Claims I Have Behavioral Problems Since Filling a WC Claim

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: New Hampshire
    Since I filed a claim at work my employer says I have a negative attitude.
    I have a feeling they are setting me up so that they have a reason to fire me so it wont look like retaliation for filing a wc claim.
    How can I prove that now that I have returned to work with restrictions?
    This accusation about my attitude has instantly come back at me the very first day that I came to back to work.
    I have a laywyer and he sent them a letter stating to them that retaliation for filing a wc claim wont be tolerated and to stop.
    My employers lawyer had stated this wad not the case and stated that I said "who's the a@@hole now "
    How do I prove that they said that when clearly I didn't?
    Am I just doomed to get fired or what?

Default Re: My Employer Claims I Have Behaveral Problems Since Filling a WC Claim

Maebel
    How do I prove that they said that when clearly I didn't?
    You can't.

Am I just doomed to get fired or what?
    Probably.
    There is no job protection in the worker comp act, they can fire you anytime they want.
    If they fire you without good cause, you will be eligible for wage loss benefits as long as you're under restrictions.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Default Re: My Employer Claims I Have Behaveral Problems Since Filling a WC Claim

hi
    get a small voice recorder and record what being said.
    don't let them know or you will get fired
    but they will get rid of you start looking for new job
    you will be much happier in the end
    good luck

Yes, record. Law it's in your employers side.

In New Hampshire it is a crime to record a conversation without the consent of all parties to the conversation. N.H. Rev. Stat. Sec. 570-A:2(1-a)

This is the perfect example of why I demand that we source our statements when giving advise or quoting laws.
    I have no idea of why I'm meeting such resistance, it's a very basic principle - know what you're talking about or don't respond.
    It's impossible for me to fact check every post in this forum, it would be much easier if you guys simply research your own statements and post the source.
    Come on already, give me (and the admin) a break.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.