Default How Much is an Injured Shoulder Worth

It's been 15 months so far. After 2 surgeries, three MRI's, one nerve damage diagnostic, and numerous hours of PT, my shoulder is still NOT healed properly. The PT says it won't get any better. I do the home exercises that I have been told to do, but I will never regain the mobility and strength I have lost. I have spoken to numerous attorneys, and they can 'make sure that I get all that I am entitled to...for 15% of what I get now, and 30% of what I may be awarded'. My issue: I don't know what a shoulder is worth, and the attorneys won't tell me. Does anyone know where I can find the scale that WA state uses to value a shoulder? Closest I can find is arm. Can anyone help me? Anyone else out there had this lengthy of an issue?

Default Re: How Much is a Shoulder Worth

Look at the PPD Award Schedule for the year you were injured or the first injury. Then look at the section on Arm, it has different catagories. I have copied a link for you below. On a personal note, I have been battling LNI since 2007. My Husband broke his back in 1987 and finally received a pension in August of 2003-He passed away Septermber of 2003. Get an Attorney ASAP, better to pay out 15 to 30% than to get nothing. GET AND KEEP COPIES OF ALL MEDICAL RECORDS-VERY IMPORTANT.

http://www.lni.wa.gov/ClaimsIns/Insu...ns/Default.asp

Quote Quoting tal1j View Post
    Look at the PPD Award Schedule for the year you were injured or the first injury. Then look at the section on Arm, it has different catagories. I have copied a link for you below. On a personal note, I have been battling LNI since 2007. My Husband broke his back in 1987 and finally received a pension in August of 2003-He passed away Septermber of 2003. Get an Attorney ASAP, better to pay out 15 to 30% than to get nothing. GET AND KEEP COPIES OF ALL MEDICAL RECORDS-VERY IMPORTANT.

http://www.lni.wa.gov/ClaimsIns/Insu...ns/Default.asp
    Hello tal1j, haven't heard from you in awhile, for a minute there I thought someone hacked your account.
    Hope things are going well on your end or at least improving - Keep Up The fight!!

Take Care
    Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Hello Lamillerwa,

Keep in mind, The Department of Labor and Industries is just an unregulated insurance. The Department does not have to adhere to the Title 48 RCW INSURANCE. Particularly, 48.30 UNFAIR PRACTICES AND FRAUD / 48.74 RCW STANDARD VALUATION LAW. RCW 48.62.011 LEGISLATIVE INTENT – CONSTRUCTION This chapter is not intended to authorize or regulate self-insurance of unemployment compensation under chapter 50.44 RCW, or industrial insurance under chapter 51.14 RCW. The agencies for oversight have been abolished over the years.

This State Agency gets to make its own rules and manipulate/disregard them whenever it is beneficial - with no fear of recourse.

Keep in mind, if you do not retain an Attorney, it will be just you fighting the Department and the Attorney General’s Office – basically the State of Washington.

Keep in mind; the Worker Compensation Laws protect this state agency and its employees, the employer at time of injury, the medical consultants, the vocational counselors and any vendor working for them - more so than the severely injured worker. Always protect yourself, document everything within the law.

Wishing You The Best,
    tal1j

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Tony,

Thank You for remembering. Hope to find you well.

I won the 4 year WAR with Social Security Disability. Still battling LNI.

Friendly Yours,
    tal1j

Just to add the to the info here..

The actual award they list on these tables for PPD is for total loss. If a part of you is injured and you can still use it to some degree, that's where these ratings you get come in. I was awarded a 1 percent PPD for my shoulder in 2011. So take the body part..use the max paid out for total loss and then take your percentage your PPD is rated and calculate what your award would be.

ARM
    Arm at or above the deltoid insertion or by disarticulation of the shoulder 110,340.33 1 percent of PPD is 1,103.00 roughly when it's all said and done.

If your bad at the math for percentages just type it into Google as 1 percent of 110,340.33 and it will calculate it for you.

Hope that helps.