Default Challenging an Injury Rating after an IME

I have received 25% disability from my dr which is 72 weeks at $738.00. Now I'm scheduled for ime in a two weeks. What happens if
    The ime awards me with 10-15%. Do I have any say or other options if he low balls my % of disability?
    And what is 15% - like 45 weeks at $738.00

Default Re: How About We Chat

Quote Quoting Dantheman View Post
    I have received 25% disability from my dr which is 72 weeks at $738.00. Now I'm scheduled for ime in a two weeks. What happens if
    The ime awards me with 10-15%. Do I have any say or other options if he low balls my % of disability?
    And what is 15% - like 45 weeks at $738.00
    The judge will find a rating somewhere in the middle between the two if you guys can't agree.
    If you don't have a lawyer, now's the time to get one.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

listen to Tony. the IME's are done by a doctor who works for the IC. he gets his bucks from them. do you really think he'll be in your favor??

Hi,
    With me the first IME from my former employers insurance doctor, who was not in my favor and had quite a few inacurracies on his report at least treated me better in person than the doctor chosen for my second IME. She was supposed to be impartial, but was clearly not. She not once discussed my case nor did she even palpate my injury. I have a back injury that leaves me wracked with chronic back pain and constant spasms. She discriminated against me because I am overweight and criticized me throughout the whole exam. She had no interested in discussing my case, the entire visit was focused on my weight. The kicker is that, I complained to my lawyer who is more interested in having me settle and wants me to drop the discrimination. I tried to even let the Commissioner know about the discrimination and seems that no one cares in this crooked system. I still have other issues from my injury and my attorney is clearly not in my best interest.
    IMEs are very lucrative for these doctors, even the impartial ones are crooked. I made the mistake of not recording either exam. Bring someone with you if you can and have a tape recorder with you!

My IME doctor agreed with my doctor all three times I saw him and that's how I was able to get my surgery without a battle.