Default Can't Make It to Hearing, What Should I Do

I have had my hearing cancelled twice by the insurance carrier and now they scheduled it during my family vacation. Is this a good reason for my lawyer to cancel mine? Or will they question me being able to go somewhere...

Default Re: Can't Make It to Hearing, What Should I Do

Quote Quoting valerie View Post
    I have had my hearing cancelled twice by the insurance carrier and now they scheduled it during my family vacation. Is this a good reason for my lawyer to cancel mine? Or will they question me being able to go somewhere...
    That's not a valid reason and depending on your restrictions it may be an issue.
    You have to be available for all legal and medical matters or you will be considered uncooperative - your benefits could be terminated.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Quote Quoting tony View Post
    That's not a valid reason and depending on your restrictions it may be an issue.
    You have to be available for all legal and medical matters or you will be considered uncooperative - your benefits could be terminated.

Tony
    would this still pertain to me since everything ended wirh this system awhile ago. I had final permanency hearinh and now am getting that compensation spread out over a few years. This hearing is for expenses that were ordered to be paid and never were. I guess since judge ordered payment and tgey never paid it to me my lawyer said going back for hearing is only option. They were ordered to pay future treatment too, but won't so I'm doing it on my own.

Quote Quoting valerie View Post
    would this still pertain to me since everything ended wirh this system awhile ago. I had final permanency hearinh and now am getting that compensation spread out over a few years. This hearing is for expenses that were ordered to be paid and never were. I guess since judge ordered payment and tgey never paid it to me my lawyer said going back for hearing is only option. They were ordered to pay future treatment too, but won't so I'm doing it on my own.
    Not sure, you need to ask your lawyer - he knows the facts of your case.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

does anyone know if it is ok to just file in Small Claims for the amount that the judge originally ordered them to pay but they have not after more than a year. I could attach the order showing they are responsible for payment. It would be easier than being in this circus again. Again, thank you Tony for knowledge in this situation. I appreciate it. I wish you were a lawyer in MD!!!

valerie
    does anyone know if it is ok to just file in Small Claims for the amount
    No, worker comp is the exclusive remedy - you would still have to attend or forfeit the claim.

Tony