Default Lower Spine Injury Requiring Fusion Surgery, With Cervical Stenosis

I had a serious work injury, many surgeries, nerve root damage, incontinence x2, and 2 years later developed spinal stenosis in cervical spine, which is causing me so much pain, I struggle with sleep. I have never had a problem with depression, however because of the run around the insurance company is giving me, I am at the end of my rope. I went to fill prescriptions today, and broke down crying uncontrolable, because of the way some pharmacy's make you feel like a common drug addict! The pharmacy's themselves have never made me feel this way, either has my pain management Doctor....he has been wonderful, and sincerly trying to help me. I have never tried to go on disability, even though I would definatly qualify, because for me giving up work, would make it worse, and I am afraid I would just sit around and think about pain!?! Maybe I am just afraid this is the best it will get?!?

I have the most wonderfully supportive husband, faimily, and friends, however I avoid complaining, feeling like people will not want to be around me if I have a negative attitude. My parents always raised me that I can rise above anything, with a positive attitude. I feel I have always tried to be a loving, compationite person, and now I am turning into a short tempered, grumpy lady!

I have expenses that I could turn into workmans compensation, for no other reason, than I just don't have it in me anymore. I am quickly diving into a deep depression. Workmans Comp is refusing to pay for my cervicle stenosis, sending me to other states to find "doc's for sale" . In the past I would always fight for justice, however don't have it in me any longer! I am NOT considering suicide, I love my husband and family to much, however I am absolutly no help to them right now...am struggling to hang on to a job I love, and am trying to be the loving person I used to be.

Maybe someone out there might have some encouraging advice, on how to deal with a Workman's Comp Insurance company in Alaska. Thank-you so much for taking the time to read this.
    Last edited by tony; 06-26-2015 at 01:53 PM. Reason: name removed

Default Re: Spinal Injury (Lower Back), 4 Surgeries (L4-L5 Fusion), Later Cervicle Stinosis

suzyzoo75
    Maybe someone out there might have some encouraging advice, on how to deal with a Workman's Comp Insurance company
    Hire a lawyer and let him deal with it.
    These people aren't about to do the right thing if they know they broke you down and you don't have a lawyer - they have you right where they want you.
    You need a lawyer to enforce your rights and to keep them honest - plus save your sanity.

Do yourself a favor - consult and retain a lawyer ASAP!

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Default Re: Spinal Injury (Lower Back), 4 Surgeries (L4-L5 Fusion), Later Cervicle Stinosis

Here my problem, I have been to 2 Doctors, both say my neck problems are related to my lower back/spinal injury. Besides being diagnosed with spinal stenosis (my entire spine), also have scoliosis. I am in pain all the time, the pain is starting to make me feel like "i am going crazy".... I called an Attorney, and he needs 4 years of records, that is totally over-whelming to me and more work than I can even muster the energy to do! Both Doctors are saying it is definatly related...and is the responsibility of Workmans Comp, I am barely holding on to my job...and am soooo depressed and frustrated it is scaring me. Can someone really live with this much pain!!! I do going to a pain clinic, however pain killers don't always help, and I DON"T want to become dependant on pain killers the rest of my life to just get by!!! I really really need help or advice.

suzyzoo75
    I called an Attorney, and he needs 4 years of records, that is totally over-whelming to me and more work than I can even muster the energy to do! Both Doctors are saying it is definatly related..
    Those doctors are basing their opinions on what you told them, you'll need more than that to establish a claim.
    Did you inform the employer and file an accident report at the time of the injury?
    Have you filed a worker compensation claim?
    You can't seek treatment for a work related injury then wait four years to inform the employer or file a claim, there are statute of limitations on this stuff.
    Let me know where I'm wrong.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Thank-you so much for your response! Can you recommend an Attorney (or one to avoid) I have heard the most important decision you can make is which Attorney you hire. I'm 4 years in and never needed one till now, however need one badly know!
    Last edited by tony; 06-26-2015 at 01:54 PM. Reason: location removed