Default Severely Injured at Work, Employer Didn't Have Workers Comp Insurance

I started with a new painting comp. and my third day on the job I fell off a ladder and broke my back. My employer does not have W/C yet as it is a new company. I was aware of this and my insurance will cover the cost I think. I don't want to get this guy in trouble. OSHA has already contacted him. Should I say I was hired as a sub-contractor? Everything was still up in the air about my pay. Does anyone know what to do?

Default Re: Broke My Back Third Day on New Job, No W/C

Quote Quoting Rene View Post
    I started with a new painting comp. and my third day on the job I fell off a ladder and broke my back. My employer does not have W/C yet as it is a new company. I was aware of this and my insurance will cover the cost I think. I don't want to get this guy in trouble. OSHA has already contacted him. Should I say I was hired as a sub-contractor? Everything was still up in the air about my pay. Does anyone know what to do?
    I read this earlier today.....I see no one has touched it....

You have a real mess on your hands here.....My I highly suggest getting yourself an attorney?.....Your lies are piling up and you need counsel ASAP! Keep us informed

Talk to your lawyer. I would advise anyone to be truthful; don't lie about your job status. Your employer will no doubt have on file your application and any other paperwork regarding your employment, and it could reflect VERY badly on you, not only in the near term, but also the future.

Thanks, I guess I will have to contact a lawyer.