Default Reassigned to a Lower-Paid Position After an Injury

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: michigan.
    Had injury in 9/14 and surgery before end of year. Went through all the required pt and return to work conditioning.
    Has been determined I am still in pain and was given a new job at half my usual pay. I was told this is my permanent job despite any changes in restrictions.
    Claims adjuster is telling me benefits end if the IME dr clears me without restrictions.
    I have light restrictions now and even applied for an entry level position of the work I did before. Had been doing well above the entry level job for more than 5 years. I was denied that job and Now facing the issue of having a job at half the pay with no chance of ever going back to my previous role.
    Any advice?

Default Re: Tricky Situation

Quote Quoting Misterp View Post
    My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: michigan.
    Had injury in 9/14 and surgery before end of year. Went through all the required pt and return to work conditioning.
    Has been determined I am still in pain and was given a new job at half my usual pay. I was told this is my permanent job despite any changes in restrictions.
    Claims adjuster is telling me benefits end if the IME dr clears me without restrictions.
    I have light restrictions now and even applied for an entry level position of the work I did before. Had been doing well above the entry level job for more than 5 years. I was denied that job and Now facing the issue of having a job at half the pay with no chance of ever going back to my previous role.
    Any advice?
    You can ask the same question a hundred times and you'll get the same answer.
    Like I said in your other thread - hire an attorney, you're in over your head.

You can't double post the same question in different boards, please refrain from doing so in the future.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - they may not be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Default Re: Reassigned to a Lower-Paid Position After an Injury

If your employer is large enough that FMLA applies, and you worked there for a year or more before the injury, they would normally have to offer you your old job or a comparable job if you returned to work before your FMLA leave time expired. After you use up your FMLA leave, your position is no longer protected, but you may be able to qualify for a partial unemployment benefit based upon the reduction in your wages. It would be sensible to consult a lawyer to sort out the details.

Default Re: Reassigned to a Lower-Paid Position After an Injury

You need an attorney. Also, if you were/are part of a Union, they might be able to help you.