Default How Many Independent Physician Examinations Can an Insurance Company Request

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Wisconsin.
    I am considered 20% disabled due to a collateral incident related to an injury I had a work a number of years ago. My legs being very unstable I took a fall damaging my C4, C5 and C6. The C4 and C6 were fused with the C5 and replacement discs implanted as well. Hence the State of Wisconsin PPD schedule, 20%.
    I have recently seen a Physical Health physician who has raised my percentage of disability an additional 5%. His information was sent to my WC carrier who in turn sent me to an examination by an independent physician. After only a few moments of conversation with that physician he told me that he was really not the correct type of doctor to make a call on my percentage. He thought they were sending me to see him because of my neck surgery, He was unable to comment on the additional 5% awarded me because of my myopathy. My question now is how many "independent doctor" examinations must I endure. Can my WC carrier keep running me around to doctors until they get an answer that is financially beneficial to them and forcing me into the court system, or have they taken their shot and missed?
    Thanks in advance for your response.
    Elsdon

Default Re: Independent Physician Examination

what does your lawyer say??? find out about the doctors ahead of time. if you go for another ime (medical exam.) you could look up the doctors info on the web. remember all ime docs are paid by the insurance company. check with the lawyer before they want you to go again. thats why your paying him

Better late than never reply.
    Thanks controlfitter for the input. I appreciate it. However, turns out to be a moot point as the IME agreed with my doctor and the WC carrier just called to verify that they will be paying out the additional 5%.
    Elsdon

25% doesnt seem like a lot for what you said has been done. i would not accept the 25% as of now. did you file for ssdi? i was deemed 100%disabled and the back part of my wc claim was appealed by the ic and they won ask questions

80,000.00 doesn't seem like a lot but it is within the rules of Wisconsin workers compensation, you might go to hearing and get a bit more but the attorney will always get 20%