Default Accusations of Fraud by L&I Investigators

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Washington

L&I Fraud investigators are actively pursuing any workers comp claim active for over 12 months under new Director mandate. Fraud staff appear eager to manipulate facts or in this case (a video) to fabricate a case and issue where none exists. L&I spent so much taxpayer money and time to pursue this fraud allegation to end up with nothing. In this case L&I Fraud employees used threats of jail, enormous fines and long term economic penalties as a means to, in this case, to convince the injured worker he should do a "voluntary" withdraw. If he agreed he would only be required to pay 150% of benefits received but the good news was he would not go to jail. (Just a tad bit heavy handed!) FYI - they had not a single fact to support this position, just a highly edited video. These heavy handed actions are not at all dissimilar to RICO act violations. He prevailed with some good help and real facts by challenging every action, statement and communication. L&I staff did not like being held accountable and became less confident in their own case when it was clear they were contradicting Case Law and the ATG. While he prevailed, this L&I scam cost him dearly. Even when you win you loose because they have no obligation to pay your expenses if they are flat wrong and you prevail. This is the lever they use to insure they always win.

There was a case a few years ago where L&I did something similar to a girl in high school and SB5507 was drafted shortly thereafter. L&I staff are terrified SB5507 might pass as it would surely impact the nearly 9 million the Fraud Dept extracts from the people in State every year but also it would even the playing field.

The first step to getting a fair result is a fair system.

L&I has new social media software so they are likely going to see this post at some point so be careful

Default Re: Wa State L and I Fraud Dept Not Above the Same - Be Careful

dana12
    L&I has new social media software so they are likely going to see this post at some point so be careful
    People should always assume everything on this site is monitored by the carriers.
    At any given time we have one to three hundred guest in the background, I'm positive they're all not injured workers.
    As I'm writing this there are 134 guest reading this and other threads, it's always like that.

This is why you should never post personal info or anything that can be used to identify you.

L&I spent so much taxpayer money and time to pursue this fraud allegation to end up with nothing. In this case L&I Fraud employees used threats of jail, enormous fines and long term economic penalties as a means to, in this case, to convince the injured worker he should do a "voluntary" withdraw. If he agreed he would only be required to pay 150% of benefits received but the good news was he would not go to jail.
    This is what happens when people aren't represented, an attorney would never go for such a "deal"
    I assure you, they'd never try to pull such a stunt if this claimant had a lawyer.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.