Cool Can an Employer Make an Injured Worker Come to Work and Sit in a Room

Good Morning,
    I was injured on the job 9-12-2015 that evening I asked to go home, they told me they prefer I stay till the end of the shift that way they would not have to report lost time injury to OSHA, I was place on modified duty and began therapy with on site inovations after 2 weeks there was not much improvement and I remained on modified duty after 2 weeks I had to insist on seeing a Dr. it turned out I tore my meniscus after 8 weeks I finally had surgery. According to thier rules Modified Duty is supposed to be documented every night as to what I was asigned for work. Well for the entire 8 weeks they had me punch in and sit on site for 8-10 hours and i was given nothing to do. I even asked to go home because my knee was really hurting and i was told point blank, NO! we dont want to record lost time for my injury. So I sat in a room by myself with no one checking on my well being. Mentally I actually broke down and cried on several occasions. Finally one week before surgery my Dr. took me out of work. I am so frustrated that they can do this to a person just so they dont have recorded lost time, I found out that lost time on an injured employee effects there safely bonuses. I know I will be going back to modified duty but I cant handle just sitting there doing nothing, mentally I cant do it. What Can I do about this should I seek counsel??

Default Re: Can an Employer Make an Injured Worker Come to Work and Sit in a Room

dah1962
    I know I will be going back to modified duty but I cant handle just sitting there doing nothing, mentally I cant do it. What Can I do about this should I seek counsel??
    As long as the employer is willing to accommodate your restrictions, your hands are tied.
    Whatever you do, do not quit your job!
    Consult a lawyer that specializes in worker comp for a free evaluation
    It wouldn't hurt to have him monitor your case and be on the ready when problems begin - by the sound of things, that shouldn't be long.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.