Default Workers Compesnation for a Partial Amputation

I'm new to the WC topic but I was involved in a work injury crushing my right fingertips with my ring finger being amputated at the tip. The accident was 10/06/15 and I'm still not back to work due to nerve problems and almost no grip in the damaged fingers. My question is if the Workers Comp agency are supposed to offer a settlement at the end of this or am I supposed to hire a lawyer. Do they settle on my type of injury just in the dark as far as my knowledge on this type of deal.

Default Re: Partial Amputation

Quote Quoting Nosaj View Post
    I'm new to the WC topic but I was involved in a work injury crushing my right fingertips with my ring finger being amputated at the tip. The accident was 10/06/15 and I'm still not back to work due to nerve problems and almost no grip in the damaged fingers. My question is if the Workers Comp agency are supposed to offer a settlement at the end of this or am I supposed to hire a lawyer. Do they settle on my type of injury just in the dark as far as my knowledge on this type of deal.
    You should receive TTD ( Temporary Total Disability) benefits until you return to work.
    You are eligible for a scheduled loss award on the amputated finger tip on top of your PPD benefits afterwards.
    See the schedule in the below link.

Temporary Total Disability
    Exists when the employee, on account of injury, is unable to engage in any type of substantial and
    gainful employment. Benefits are paid for the duration of the temporary total disability (TTD).
    There is a one-week waiting period (seven calendar days) before TTD benefits are paid. If the disability
    continues for three consecutive weeks, the employee is reimbursed for the waiting period. Employees
    may collect medical benefits during the first week. Benefits are 66.67 percent of an employee’
    s average gross weekly wage, but not less than $25 nor more than the statutory maximum.
    Temporary total compensation may not exceed $130,000 per injury.

Permanent Partial Scheduled Disability
    Exists when there is complete or partial loss of or loss of use of a body part, such as an arm, due to a
    job-related injury. Compensation for permanent partial scheduled disability is limited to a percentage
    of the following schedule. A healing period is available in cases of amputation. Benefits are 66.67
    percent of an employee’s average gross weekly wage, but not less than $25 nor more than the statutory
    maximum cap of $130,000.
    http://www.hfrr.ksu.edu/doc3748.ashx

Consult a lawyer to be sure you're getting a fair deal, retain one at the first sign of problems.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.