Default Moving

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: California.
    Hello, my name is Chad. I worked for a construction company when I fell 3-30-15. I hurt my arm and have been jerked around the system for over a year now. I have a lawyer and an AME test but my wife and I can't move out of my parents house due to workers comp not paying enough. We would like to move out of state, however I am unsure of how it works. Would we be able to move and still get the benefits? Could I see a doctor in another state for it? I've been told by several doctors that my issue is most likely a pinched nerve in my spine and that it's been punched for so long that I'll have permanent damage In my fingers. California is stupidly expensive and I do not wish to stay here.

Default Moving to Another State After Getting Injured at Work

Hello, I'm Chad and I'm 22. I got injured a little over a year ago in March of 2015. Shortly after I got injured I got married, but unable to get a place of my own due to the area being super expensive, jk the whole state of California is expensive, and not getting enough from workers comp. Since getting injured, it took the doctors 5 months to figure out what was actually wrong. I worked in construction and fell. All my weight landed on my left arm. I had pain from the elbow down so they thought it was there. After the 5 months, in August they did a EMG test and found out I have a pinched nerve in my spine. Workers comp thinks it's a different injury, therefore denied me coverage. I got a lawyer and fought it immediately. However they didn't get an AME test until May of 2016. During that time I had doctors tell me that they wouldn't wright me pain meds in fear of me getting addicted to theme end though I just needed them for times it got super bad instead of going to the emergency room. They also told me that the pain was all in my head. I actually had one doctor say, and I quote "it's all in your head. You just need to f**king get over it" so this whole time All the pain has caused nothing but depression, frustration, strains on our marriage. I am unable to do anything. It hurts to walk so I'm unable to do the things I love most. Work on cars, camp, hike, swim, hug my wife fully.

We want to move out of California but are uncertain if we will be able to due to workers comp. can anybody help in any way? Any help to help the depression and frustration would be great!
    Thanks!

Default Re: Frustrations

Did you tell your lawyer you wanted to move out of state?

I don't blame you... YES Cali is definately exspensive.

There are a lot of experiences shared here, maybe read through the Cali threads and see what others say.

Everyone's case is different, and as we know California IC's and their attorneys don't play by the rules, they will delay, deny, delay, oh did I say delay....

Because you have a lawyer, it's best to ask him, because he knows you, your case, and the way the other side is.

I would expect the main issue would be finding a doctor that will actually treat you in another state, and the IC approving treatments or medications.

I'm surprised the IC isn't trying to just settle your claim... their tactic after they delay until they realize the penalties a work comp judge will tack on... California sucks when it comes down to us injured workers and our rights.

Thank God you got a lawyer

Default Re: Frustrations

Yea, it took them 5 months to find out where the pain was originating from. Then workers comp denied coverage so I got a lawyer. I have a feeling they will want to settle soon, but I've heard not to settle with them.

I left a message for my lawyer about moving however he hasn't responded yet :/