Default New Injury from Joint Arthroscopy Surgery

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Washington
    Hi, 6 months ago I had joint surgery for a work injury and immediately had severe nerve injury from the surgery. It has caused me to be 90% disabled. There are no doctors in my state that can treat this rare nerve injury. I was denied to have treatment out of state. I was also told that if 8 weeks of PT does not cure me, then my worker's claim will be closed. Anyone experience a serious complication from surgery and then denied treatment and/or compensation? I have a lawyer involved, and trying to get them hired.

Default Re: New Injury from Joint Arthroscopy Surgery

was the nerve damage done during surgery? I most definatly have a lawyer involved NOW. I also would apply for SSDI now also good luck

Thanks for responding. Yes, the nerve damage happened during surgery.

Quote Quoting kci View Post
    Thanks for responding. Yes, the nerve damage happened during surgery.
    If the nerve damage occurred during surgery then it would be compensable under workers' compensation. The insurer/employer is responsible for any conditions caused by the treatment rendered under workers' compensation.

If you'd had a heart attack after surgery they'd be liable for that as well. If you become addicted to painkillers as a result of your treatment, they are liable for you addiction. Anything resultant from your treatment under comp is added to what they are responsible for.

Thank you Roxtar.

My experience is that any injury suffered while being treated will be unilaterally denied.

I injured my back during treatment. There were signs before it happened but the treatment provider not only dismissed my concerns but threatened me with non-compliance if I didn't continue to increase the strain per the one-size-fits-all program. I was left unable to move much and ill for weeks. Being unable to wipe your own butt while having constant diarrhea is a particularly humbling experience.

It's all about due process. They definitely DO process you. Like a defective piece of meat they have a process for certifying as fit for human consumption. Only no one wants to buy that piece of meat, but it's not their problem.