Thread: I Gave Up

Default I Gave Up

I just wanted to stop by and say thank you to all of you who gave me advice. I decided to give up. I know that it wasn't the best decision, but I physically couldn't do my job anymore. I was emotionally torn down and the AME apparently didn't think that I was in enough pain and my attorney wasn't really trying. So at this point I decided that I would rather take the time to take care of myself then to fight anymore. As I'm writing this I realize that I'm going to cry but that's life right ? You work hard, you try the best you can, and your employer can walk all over you. I wish you all the best but I couldn't do it anymore. I wish there was a way that my employer could pay for all of this emotional distress, all this pain, all of this disability, all this freaking stress... but I know that I have no hope in this anymore. You all have been great, 100 times more helpful to my attorney and again I wish you all the best.

Default Re: I Gave Up

GOOD LUCK it appears that something wasn't quite right. either with you, your attorney or the system

what do you mean by you gave up? Did you settle? Did you quit your job?

I know this is all very frustrating, and trust me, many times I feel like giving up this whole process, and I cry also.

But when I'm done crying, I remember that I MUST fight for me and not give up. We as injured workers are treated very unfair in this system. What's right is right, if it's something you believe in (like your rights as an injured worker) stand up and fight for you.

You have made it to a point where I only wish to get to. I'm not sure what is making you want to give up.... but my prayers are with you. Wishing you all the best

I know how you feel and I am sorry to hear this. I have not been using this site as long as most but, have been following and encourage to fight by some of your posts.
    I have been fighting since April 2nd, 2006 and am at that same point of ready to give up.
    I made the mistake of continuing to work in extreme pain (paid for it all day and all night but had 3 boys I was raising and needed a paycheck no matter what).
    I finally got a good QME report (my lawyer retired and put a new one in place at the end of last year) even with WC playing games and leaving out reports. Last month my new lawyer and WC agreed to get rid of this QME because it lacked substance (WC did not send all the reports so that he could make an informed report...think this was planned). I am now having to start the whole QME process all over again. This will be my 5th QME. My employer will not allow WC to use an AME (this was stated in one of the correspondence letters).
    I am ready to just shoot myself and be done with it. I am 52 and my kids are grown now.
    I was finally taken off work in September because I could barely walk in to my job, could only sit for a few minutes at a time and stand for less than 10 minutes. I am having a hard time getting this typed due to pauses for pain and my meds making my words come out mixed up when I type (I typed for a living-data entry)
    I have had the same request for wc since this began: Fix me
    I just want to be fixed to get out of pain and have my life back, go back to work and get my last two and a half years in and retire. They want to fight me rather than help me.

Sorry for the ramble. I wish you luck with your choice. I am going through this LAST QME and then telling my lawyer that he better get this thing finished....THIS YEAR!!

to blgreens13, the insurance company don't care about you only the money they have to pay out. as for getting this thing done this year??? if you tell the ic I want out s ettle with me now. it might be done this year. do you want to just give in or have them fix you the right way? if you fight for what you deserve, it will be a while your call if you quit, they win btw my case took 6 yrs to be finalized. I still lost in part due to the judges not wanting to set a present with changing their collegues decision