Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default What to Do About a Shady IME Doctor

    My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: GA

    I have re-opened a case from last year, I have severe problems (primarily a lot of pain) with my hands and wrists from work. I am in tears regularly trying to work through the pain, and the workers comp doc has told me there was nothing he could do- doesn't think i have carpal tunnel and won't test me for it. He sent me right back to work as I was crying in front of him. I am so frustrated already and I am seeing this could be just the beginning of a long ordeal. I just want treatment. The lawyers seem to only want settlements.. I prefer to get better and be able to rest my poor hands for right now. I don't know how bad it is but I'm afraid of long term problems. My dominant wrist no longer has a normal range of motion. yet the WC doc said it's flexible..... I've been doing this job for 2 years and the problems have been gradually getting worse though I tried to treat it and then ignore it. I'm hoping I haven't done damage beyond repair... but in the mean time I have to keep working and irritating it more and more because I can't get off. It's absolutely depressing to go though this. It's causing me problems at home and my coworkers and overhead all think I'm lying or crazy or something. A job I liked (somewhat) has become something I dread constantly. What a total nightmare! I know my problems are much less severe than many of yours, and I don't mean to cry about my problem on here, I don't want sympathy... just my hands back.

    I could just really use any advice you guys have for me..

    Should I get a lawyer? (the ones I've contacted want 25% and think I have a case)

    How do I get a legitimate doctor to evaluate me and be covered by WC?

    Thank you!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2015

    Default Re: What to Do About a Shady IME Doctor

    If your state is anything like California, definately get a lawyer ASAP. Trust me, it will save your sanity.

    Wishing you all the best. It's ok to cry..., we all want our life back

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: What to Do About a Shady IME Doctor

    It sounds like you should get a lawyer. Every lawyer in GA is going to charge the same basic fee, as you have learned. Your situation probably isn't going to get any better unless you get some legal help, because you are clearly struggling on your own. Note that the 25% fee is only charged if your case settles or possibly if the lawyer obtains some WC income benefits for you in the meantime. So, a lawyer may be able to get you to a better doctor (or at least get a second opinion) without it costing you anything. If you've received a WC check for TTD or TPD in the last 120 days, you have a right to get a one-time second opinion with any doctor you choose at the expense of the employer (up to $1,200).

    Candidly, it may be in your best interest to settle your case after you've gotten more treatment or a second opinion. Many times, when I have a client with carpal tunnel or similar conditions, one of the better things for them to do eventually is to move to a different job that is easier on their hands/wrists/fingers.

    Good luck to you.
    Charles Hamilton

    This post is NOT LEGAL ADVICE, but is for education and information only. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2015, 04:23 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2013, 08:44 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-09-2013, 06:38 PM
  4. Pain, Depression and Shady Doctors
    By amberfun in forum Colorado
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-23-2009, 03:19 AM
  5. How to Protect Yourself From A Shady Attorneys!!!
    By freebryd in forum California
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-01-2006, 08:22 AM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Find a Lawyer