Unhappy Difficulty of Getting an MRI Through Workers Comp Insurance

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Arizona

I was injured at work a little over a year ago and from the onset of my hell, I've had a difficult time getting an MRI. I'm in the process of reopening my workman's comp case, as I only just found out that it was closed, but not denied. I've not seen any compensation, but I never got an MRI done and that was what the case worker was asking for. I've switched doctors and she seems to be trying to get me at the very least into physical therapy where all other doctors didn't even try. It seems that I'm slowly getting worse and when I was told that my case was going to be closed I focused more on the MRI. Now it seems new issues have sprung up, mainly that I now have slightly misaligned disk and scoliosis. I have returned to work as I thought I had little choice otherwise, but now I've missed a little more than a week of work and the stress is getting to me. What programs are there to help me? How can I convince anyone of the urgency? Can I get an MRI without a doctor?

Default Re: Difficulty of Getting an Mri and the Thought of Losing My Job

Azabache
    I'm in the process of reopening my workman's comp case, as I only just found out that it was closed, but not denied.
    The question is why was is closed?

I've switched doctors and she seems to be trying to get me at the very least into physical therapy where all other doctors didn't even try.
    How did you switch doctors if your case is closed, who's paying?

Can I get an MRI without a doctor?
    No, the doctor will have to request it if he feels there is a need.
    Those things are expensive, they won't approve it without good reason.
    I don't get this fixation about an MRI - how's that going to prove this condition is work related?

I now have slightly misaligned disk and scoliosis.
    How do you know that without an MRI?
    How do you intend to prove this is a work related condition?
    90% of America probably has the condition you describe, it comes with aging.

I have returned to work as I thought I had little choice otherwise, but now I've missed a little more than a week of work and the stress is getting to me. What programs are there to help me?
    I hope you have a doctors excuse to justify this time off.
    The only program I know of is Worker Compensation, either you have a claim or you don't.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Default Re: Difficulty of Getting an Mri and the Thought of Losing My Job

You're right on the scoliosis. I shouldn't jump to conclusions, even if doctors have told the possibility. The claim was closed due to not obtaining the MRI, however today I mailed all the forms and I should get a reply sometime this week. The injury happened at work and the doctor stated that this curvature and disks are from my body compensating for everything. After it was closed by the case worker, AHCSS has been paying.