Default Homeless but I Won't Give Up

im homeless for the first time in my life. Thank you so much California Workers Comp system.

How does one get injured at work, hospitalized, and denied workers comp because the boss lied about the type of company/business/location/job.

How does one continue to be denied after 2 PQME Drs and 1 AME dr all agree the injury is from work?

How does one get hurt at work and end up homeless trying to fight a denied workers comp case....

Funny thing is my employer was NOT a part of an MPN because he lied about the type of job and location so he could pay cheaper rates. He is still in business making money, and I'm now homeless.

EDD SDI only lasted 12 months.
    I applied for SSDI and am waiting on a decision.

Yes I have a lawyer and yes he is doing everything in his power to get us back to court WCAB, the last meeting the IC wanted to settle, but now they don't. Which seems to be a common thing here in California.

Well I guess their trying to see if I'll get desperate enough to go find a job (my ex boss fired me after filing the work comp claim)...

I am not able to work even if I wanted to. So due to this entire process I am homeless now.
    But I will NOT GIVE UP.

Everyone pray for me, as I will continue to pray for us all.

Default Re: Homeless but I Won't Give Up

I am in deep sympathy for what you are going through, but I cannot understand why, if you've been listed as MMI and the only issue is that the IC is denying your case, you're Attorney hasn't secured a mini-trial for you before an ALJ. It really doesn't take that long to do so, yet your case has dragged on for years.

Also, I hope you've secured a professional advocate to help you get an SSDI application accepted.
    A Wiseman is a person that has the capability to teach with expertise, a skill or knowledge passed to him from another Wiseman or experience, whether good or bad

My work injury was a year and a half ago.
    My employer isn't part of a MPN, so my attorney got my PTP on a lein basis.
    I went through the deposition and 1st AME that said it was a work injury.

The ICs attorney told the WCAB judge and my lawyer at the conference that they wanted to settle.

Rather than settle the same AME is doing all my MRIs and nerve studies again using his own facility because the AME said "unfortunately he was asked to rate me"... still got one more nerve study test to do for him the end of the month

My PTP said I'm not ready to be rated and he won't rate me. The AME is rating me because they asked him too. I've never been through this stuff and only get more confused when I try to understand.

My lawyer is tired of their games and has filed whatever they file with the WCAB again to get a trial date.

I did call attorneys about the SSDI application and they all told me that they only take the case if I get denied and they would appeal it. I had no ideal an attorney could help with the application. My attorney strictly only handles workers comp.

A year and a half of workers compensation hell... I'm praying it's done and over soon.

Well, since you have to have a nerve test before the AME will rate you, it seems like it is going to be at least several more months before you can get to trial.

As far as the SSDI application, there are legal advocates that help you out from the onset, you just have to look for them. It would take a few months to start getting your SSDI if they are successful and they would only require 25% of your back pay up to a certain cap.
    A Wiseman is a person that has the capability to teach with expertise, a skill or knowledge passed to him from another Wiseman or experience, whether good or bad