Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Investigators

Quote Quoting tony View Post
    Worth119 I bet you can't.
    I know for a fact, a carrier isn't going to hire Colombo to follow you for years - you're not that important.

Even if it was for your claim, they would never follow you like a you're drug king pin or terrorist - what for?
    No investigator that's worth a dime would allow the target to make him - it doesn't happen, it defeats the purpose of the investigation.
    Surveillance isn't cheap, the carrier isn't going to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to watch you go to a baseball game or the store - they have better places to invest that type of money.

They won't waste more than a few days trying to validate your claim - after that, there's nothing more to gain.
    Carriers have been cutting back on surveillance unless they suspicion fraud, it's a waste of time and money - it seldom bears fruit.
    From what you're describing it sounds like you're on the terrorism watch list, or maybe on the FBI's most wanted.
    The problem is they're not that sloppy as to let the target make them - you'd never have a clue that you where being followed.

Tony
    Tony, I'll take the bet!! In response to your reply, that I find insulting, you don't know my training, knowledge or career. I live in a private community on a cul-de-sac. Every neighbor knows each other and a different vehicle parked out front or close by stands out. So before you assume I am a "drug king pin" or a "terrorist", I have to ask what profession is your background? If I had to guess based on your response, is that you work in the WC field for the employers.

I have ample proof to validate that in fact they are investigators parked and watching my home for hours, following me etc. I have dates times, names of who the vehicle belongs too, plate numbers, pictures of them with cameras, public profiles providing further proof they are "private investigators".

So if surveillance isn't cheap, and I have had five surgeries from my work related injury, can you provide a better logical explanation? I think with my PMH and diagnosis along with the surgeries past and unknown in future, fraud is not the case for my injury.

I just asked a simple question or to ask others of their opinion as to when is it harassment or what have others been through with this matter in their experience.

Worth119
    So before you assume I am a "drug king pin" or a "terrorist"
    I never assumed anything, I was being sarcastic because you're posting utter nonsense.

What you're describing sounds like a criminal investigation - not a comp claim, you can take that as you wish.
    In a comp or criminal investigation, they would never conduct themselves in the sloppy manner you're describing - it makes zero sense.
    Attack me again and you'll be banned. (watch this- he'll shoot himself in the foot)

Tony
    Last edited by tony; 07-10-2016 at 08:37 PM.
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Quote Quoting Worth119 View Post
    So if surveillance isn't cheap, and I have had five surgeries from my work related injury, can you provide a better logical explanation? I think with my PMH and diagnosis along with the surgeries past and unknown in future, fraud is not the case for my injury.
    Oh my, this is the scariest thing I've ever read on this forum. You've had 5 surgeries from your work injury and the investigators watch and follow you still? What would be their purpose? I mean you wouldn't have been given 5 surgeries for nothing. What is their point in watching you?

If I'm watched I have no clue, but I do know the IC will do all they can to keep their money. But for you to have had 5 surgeries and they still are investigating you sounds beyond insane (on the ICs part) and very exspensive, who's the IC.... must be a huge corporate IC

To be fair, I will say this - until your settlement is approved, always assume you're under surveillance but don't be over paranoid.
    Never do anything outside of your restrictions, be aware of what's going on around you.

The most dangerous times will be doctor appointments, the carrier knows the times and dates and will share this info with the investigator.
    Be aware of every move you make from the time you leave and return home - you're probably being followed.
    Never chit chat with anyone at the doctors office, you could very well be talking to a PI.

I don't mean to minimize the dangers of surveillance - if you have a permanent disability, it's almost a certainty the carrier will validate your claim at some time during the settlement phase.
    No, they won't use helicopters, do high speed chases or follow you for years - unless you know what to look for, the odds are you'll never know you're under surveillance.
    Be careful but keep it real - use common sense.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Quote Quoting tony View Post
    To be fair, I will say this - until your settlement is approved, always assume you're under surveillance but don't be over paranoid.
    Never do anything outside of your restrictions, be aware of what's going on around you.

The most dangerous times will be doctor appointments, the carrier knows the times and dates and will share this info with the investigator.
    Be aware of every move you make from the time you leave and return home - you're probably being followed.
    Never chit chat with anyone at the doctors office, you could very well be talking to a PI.

I don't mean to minimize the dangers of surveillance - if you have a permanent disability, it's almost a certainty the carrier will validate your claim at some time during the settlement phase.
    No, they won't use helicopters, do high speed chases or follow you for years - unless you know what to look for, the odds are you'll never know you're under surveillance.
    Be careful but keep it real - use common sense.

Tony
    You are so right Tony. I've always lived by how I was raised... dont lie, you tell one lie, you have to tell more lies to cover that lie, and pretty soon the lies all catch up to you.

The little bit of nothing workers comp pays, compared to having a job is nothing. Who in their right mind wouldn't want to work.

I definately keep in mind they may be watching, but I've never seen them, or been approached by strangers, but then again that's why their private right.

Common sense and honesty is THE most important part as well as focusing on getting better ( or as best as we can get ). This forum really helps, reading everyone's experiences and thoughts..

I'm still wondering why after numerous surgeries the investigators would still be watching the person who's post this is.. 🤔

Quote Quoting Extremelyconfused View Post

I'm still wondering why after numerous surgeries the investigators would still be watching the person who's post this is.. ��
    That was my main question ans reason for posting this.

Quote Quoting Worth119 View Post
    That was my main question ans reason for posting this.
    So, whatever happened with this situation?

Quote Quoting scotch View Post
    So, whatever happened with this situation?
    Nothing, he was never under surveillance the way he claimed, it was all in his head.

Tony