Default Returning to Work and Going Out Again for Surgery

I was injured at a federal job in May of 2014. I was out of work for about 60 days. Workmans comp denied my claim because there was no diagnosis. After self paying for an mri 6 months later they found it was a herniated disk. I appealed and Workmans comp accepted the case. I been at work since being out the 60 days and have been under under lifting restrictions. The dr now says I need surgery, laminectomy. Will I still receive Workmans compensation even though I returned to work for a year under restrictions? Or will they deny me compensation because I returned to work for that year.?

Default Re: Returning to Work and Going Out Again for Surgery

Quote Quoting Brewerfan View Post
    I was injured at a federal job in May of 2014. I was out of work for about 60 days. Workmans comp denied my claim because there was no diagnosis. After self paying for an mri 6 months later they found it was a herniated disk. I appealed and Workmans comp accepted the case. I been at work since being out the 60 days and have been under under lifting restrictions. The dr now says I need surgery, laminectomy. Will I still receive Workmans compensation even though I returned to work for a year under restrictions? Or will they deny me compensation because I returned to work for that year.?
    Your case remains open - you're entitled to wage loss and medical benefits until you heal 100% or settle your case.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Default Re: Returning to Work and Going Out Again for Surgery

Thank you for your quick response...