Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: I Received My Wcc Initial Award but Do Not Understand It

Well I am about to remove one of my attorneys. The overall approach of listening to your attorney is a waste of time. I think people should listen to results and updates that move the overall case a long or at least show progress. I came into this process dumb in regards to how everything moves but I have since educated myself. So I have learned about the different kinds of attorneys regardless of what their websites say on how they help the people and blah blah blah..see below.

Attorny 1- will not take a case unless it meets his intake..as in making a certain amount off you.
    Attorney 2- Just send request off but gets zero to nothing back from the IC or their attorney. This is the one who will lie and before you know it..3 months have passed with no movement on your case. Rarely do you get an update unless you call or email them.
    Attorney 3- the dragon who request all the information and immediately goes after the IC and their attorney to get things moving. Updates as changes happen and informs you on what they are doing. If no contact from IC side, they will take it to the next level.

Its very important to know who you have and understand in the first 3 weeks of where you stand in your claim and getting medical treatment. If you give your attorney a solid month for a result and they show nothing..time to get another and firms are better in my view to work with than the independent guy with no partners.

wayn
    Attorny 1- will not take a case unless it meets his intake..as in making a certain amount off you.
    How would you know that?
    That may be true, I don't know - I've never heard of an attorney making such a statement to a client.
    I imagine that a case has to be worth the time spent, attorneys can't work for the hell of it - it's a business like anything else.

Attorney 2- Just send request off but gets zero to nothing back from the IC or their attorney. This is the one who will lie and before you know it..3 months have passed with no movement on your case. Rarely do you get an update unless you call or email them.
    An attorney has no control of the carrier, he can't give an update if there aren't any.
    Cases can go years without movement depending on the facts, this isn't a criminal proceeding, it a civil matter.

Attorney 3- the dragon who request all the information and immediately goes after the IC and their attorney to get things moving. Updates as changes happen and informs you on what they are doing. If no contact from IC side, they will take it to the next level.
    What level would that be?
    I don't know what you mean by "get things moving"
    Comp cases progress as the patient heals, it may take years for someone to reach MMI - what level do you take that one to?

I don't think you understand the progression of a worker comp case - nothing moves fast in this game.
    Your case will move as fast as you heal and return to work or become perm disabled, no faster.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Tony I'm not good with the quotes so I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

When I was searching for an attorney I was told that the attorney could not help me at this time. I asked the lady on the phone why and she said he only goes after ones he knows will be a certain figure. Real story no added extra on my part.

Well the attorney #2 was a living hell in the end. I went along and listened to everything they said to me. One thing they said was the medical place is sending the files over...well that turned into a lie because they just requested them recently and the medical place called me and asked if I was going to pay the $25 dollar fee. I was told like 3 weeks ago they had the files and really they had nothing. I know this because the lady on the phone said"I do not know why the IC/their attorney is being difficult and not give us your files". I was like, ummm..I thought you all had them? I got my complete file and I even asked them if they wanted my copy and they were like sure, then we can let you know something or what we will do. BIG STOP SIGN IN MY EYES!!!

I understand it can go on and on. I sat back and rode it out with this one attorney and the whole time I had to ride it out in pain while I was told lies. I am a very good read of character and they are the worst in my eyes. Common sense says if I gave you three months to do something and you tell me well send me what you have so we can decide on how to proceed..

If you at a point where someone trys your bluff or refuses doctor requested stuff and not to mention its THEIR HAND PICKED DOCTORS..Request a hearing..(That is progress). Not well, let me see what you have from the client..That the next level..you should know that. If I was getting a check or getting something besides someone telling me, "yea, you still jacked up and here are more pain pills to take"..then yea I would just sit and ride but I'm trying to heal and their delay is causing me to get worst. Yea, it might pay off in the long run or it might not..

I'm confused, you started this thread on 8-1-16 saying your claim was approved and you're awaiting your check.
    At that time you said " I will get legal at the first sign of issues. The only issue I see is them not approving MRI."
    Are you saying you went through three attorneys in the last month?

Now today you're saying "Common sense says if I gave you three months to do something and you tell me well send me what you have so we can decide on how to proceed.."
    You haven't had an attorney that long, you implied on 8-1-16 you where unrepresented and your claim was approved.
    This thread is making zero sense, I have no idea of what's going on.

You can't just request a hearing on a whim, there has to be a valid basis.
    Without knowing the facts of your case, it's impossible to comment.
    I can tell you this, an attorney has no incentive to play games or low ball a client.
    They're paid a percentage of the benefits obtained on your behalf - the more they obtain, the more they make.

If you think it's bad now, wait until the carrier learns you're unrepresented - they'll chew you up and spit you out.
    If they're playing games with your attorneys, imagine what they'll do to you without one.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Two states...same claim, i did not have an attorney in Maryland when i won my award, just one in other state. Listen my case is complicated and i stand by what i said. I dont mind you picking apart a brief but I guess without throwing my whole case on the net, i'll hush for now and we shall see if this works out for me.

Quote Quoting wayn View Post
    Two states...same claim, i did not have an attorney in Maryland when i won my award, just one in other state. Listen my case is complicated and i stand by what i said. I dont mind you picking apart a brief but I guess without throwing my whole case on the net, i'll hush for now and we shall see if this works out for me.
    It doesn't matter if there's a hundred states, it's still a single claim.

You started out saying your claim was accepted, you where receiving treatment and you where unrepresented - the only problem was they where denying an MRI.
    Now, a month later your case is a train wreck, all of your attorneys are pricks, you're not getting paid and your condition is getting worse from lack of treatment.
    Never heard of multiple attorneys handling a comp case, there's barely enough money to pay one.

It's impossible to respond to a thread when the facts change with every post - this thread is all over the map.
    Nothing about this thread makes sense, I can't even guess what's going on.

Tony

no man, always had an attorney in other state, just not maryland..You missing what I am saying..The attorney in other state (original) has nothing and they lied. Not just one time but various times. The fact they lied about doing things and requesting things has me heated. I get the whole they have to make money thing but gezzz, I could help you out and give you my file if it would have helped me get the things I need. Instead, everyone is scratching their heads. I never had an attorney in maryland, just other state.

The process is not the issue. I'm learning what I can do and what I can do as this goes on but if your attorney lies then that is something else not part of the process that you now have to deal with.

Tony you should go back and read the private message I sent you on 8-9-16. It might make some percentage of sense, I'm not saying it will add clarity to everything but it may make some sense.

OK- I went back and read your PM.

Do these two attorneys know about each other?
    You can't have two attorneys working the same case, you have to dismiss one before hiring the other.
    This might be why your case is a mess, these two attorneys may be working against each other.

From what I see, you have a mess on your hands - you better advise these two attorneys about each other and see what they want to do.

Tony

I fired the one in the other state and hired Maryland. The one in the other state was just sitting there for months and I was just going along until I caught them in lies and fired them and went with Maryland attorney.

Yes I agree, total mess but had my attorney just requested months ago my files and paid the $25 or asked me to give mine to them instead of asking the IC, I doubt I would be in this mess.

Crossing my fingers for something in the next few weeks.

And thank you for all input.

tony I think wayn really doesn't know what to do. I think he expects the process to move along fast and to his liking. NOT. nothing in the w/c world works fast. my case took 5 years of pain staking arguments with the ic and their attorneys. my case was settled partly in my favor ,but the back injury side of the fall, they won. of course no amount of money could make the hurting worth while. like I tell people w.c doesn't pay for pain and suffering. it looks like he does have an uphill battle. I wish you luck wayn