Default Loss of Teeth at Work

I fell off scaffolding at work and lost 13 teeth I had two surgeries and eventually had implants to replace the teeth I lost workman's comp should cover the medical bills 100% what am I entitled to any other settlement just wondering if this was a permanent partial disability or something like that

Default Re: Lots of Teeth at Work

Quote Quoting josh03060 View Post
    I fell off scaffolding at work and lost 13 teeth I had two surgeries and eventually had implants to replace the teeth I lost workman's comp should cover the medical bills 100% what am I entitled to any other settlement just wondering if this was a permanent partial disability or something like that
    I don't see loss of teeth in the scheduled awards.
    281-A:32 Scheduled Permanent Impairment Award. –
    http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/...A/281-A-32.htm

You may be eligible for a Permanent Impairment award, consult a lawyer if the carrier fails to do the right thing.
    Here's the guides for rating oral impairments.

GUIDELINES TO THE EVALUATION OF IMPAIRMENT
    OF THE ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL REGION
    OBJECTIVES
    Provide a permanent Impairment Rating for the Maxillofacial Region
    Definition of terms
    Recognize that there are different purposes for providing an impairment rating, i.e. workman’s compensation, Social Security administration, personal injury litigationand medical indemnity insurance.
    Understand applicable state regulation for conducting such examinations.
    II EVALUATION OF THE ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL REGION FOR PERMANENT IMPAIRMENT
    Injury model or range of motion model can be used to assess impairment in the maxillofacial region.
    A. Masticatory Dysfunction:
    Eating involves the function of the teeth, jaws, muscles of mastication, muscles of deglutition, and temporomandibular joint. In addition, it requires the ability of a person through lip, tongue and muscle functi on to be able to sw allow food. Loss or change in the functional relationship of an y of these anatomic-physiologic components of the system will result in a functional change for the individual.
    Loss of teeth and/or dentoalveolar structure (underlying osseous or soft tissue structure) may be due to trauma, developmen tal condition, or asso ciated disease e.g. extractions indicated for radiation therapy in the treatment of primary or metastatic cancers of the head and neck.
    http://www.astmjs.org/impairment-insert.htm

In accordance with the Workers' Compensation statute, any medical opinion regarding permanent impairment must be based upon the most recent edition of the The AMA Guide to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment. The AMA Guides are used in conjunction with the statute to determine the benefit to be paid.
    Calculation of the award is a relatively simple formula:
    percentage of loss multiplied by the total number of weeks
    the number of weeks multiplied by the claimant's compensation rate
    equals the total dollar amount of the benefit.
    Example:
    10% loss of an arm would be .10 x 210 (arm) = 21 weeks of benefits times the compensation rate of $325.00 or a total of $6825.00.
    https://www.nh.gov/labor/workers-com...impairment.htm

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - they may not be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.