On 10/14 I slipped at my seasonal part time job while preparing an attraction. (I have a full time job I work all year, this part time was to earn extra money). I knew right away that it was bad. I begged my co worker to get me help. It took 15 minutes for the medic to arrive. When he arrived they kept trying to stand me up. I kept telling them NO, it hurt to bad and I know it's not right. My boss got there as well about 10-15 mins after that so total of 25-30 mins on the ground. By this time I was in shock and in a lot of pain. I ended up calling my son to get me. They sent us to an urgent care. The urgent care took one look at it once they cut my boot off and said sorry - we cant help you. Fast forward 3 hours and we are at an emergency room. I was told I cant go in until the boss faxes over my drivers license. We asked her to please let us know as soon as possible as I didn't want to get out of my car until she did. I had already been through a lot. After another 45 minutes I couldn't take anymore so we went in. I fell again in the lot....the people there saw me and came out to get me. As it turns out, I shattered my fibula, broke my tibia in 2 places, dislocated the ankle and severed a ligament. I had surgery one week after the incident and have 11 screws, a plate and a tight rope. When I checked in for surgery I was told the employer never sent the insurance info over. They said they were not worried and they would take care of me anyway knowing what I had already been through. The day after surgery the claims adjuster called, apologized for not contacting me and blamed the employer stating they never sent them my information. They said. A they called the hospital to get my information. She also said she can tell I'm in pain and asked me to call her back today (Monday) which I did. She didn't answer. I am so confused on everything right now, what should I be doing to ensure I am taken care of with wages. I am a single mom with three kids (the reason why I worked the extra job) and I'm going on my second week now and will run out of vacation with my real job and I know it will be a long time before I am released to work again. Has anyone else had this same experience? It just doesn't seem right......