Default Gallagher Bassett Services

Has anyone in chicago dealt with these idiots? what a cluster fark for sure.

Default Re: Gallagher Bassett Services

Have you dealt with them? They're the insurance of the employer I was working for when I got injured.

My lawyer is right now.

Any updates with your case?

Unless the father son and the Holy Ghost were standing next to you when you were injured and you have three signed affidavit get ready because they are bad! They will use every loophole and delay. They will tell you aliens from outer space cause your injury and try to frustrate the heck out of you. Just be patient. A supervisor or somebody usually screws up and gets caught in a lie and they fold like a house of cards. If you legitimately got hurt at work they’ll find out that somebody in the organization told a lie and oh boy watch out. If it’s really bad call OSHA and asked for an unsafe work place investigation. Let them lie to them and see what happens. You can’t just make up stories. It has to be the truth and you have to be able to back it up. They will act like they’re not worried but they are. I have seen OSHA fines that were more than the Workmen’s Comp settlements. That usually the first and last time the employer tries to lie. If they try to offer you a settlement don’t even call them back until last-minute and then tell them no. Even better tell them you want a judge to decide.
    Last edited by Milo; 06-19-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Milo
    I have seen OSHA fines that were more than the Workmen’s Comp settlements.
    So what, the government capitalized on the suffering or death of an injured worker.

Those fines go directly into the pockets of government beuraucrats, the injured/killed employees or their families don't see a penny of that money.
    OSHA is a joke, they're in cahoots with the employer - they rarely if ever fine the employer and when they do, it changes nothing.
    Employers would rather pay a fine than spend money on improving work conditions, once they pay off OSHA that's the end of the story.

If they try to offer you a settlement don’t even call them back until last-minute and then tell them no. Even better tell them you want a judge to decide.
    Unless you have a law degree and a case to support a demand for more money, I'd strongly advise against that game.
    That carrier isn't stupid, they're not going to play with you - they know you have no idea of what you're doing and will take full advantage of it.
    Never play games or attempt to negotiate with the carrier on your own, hire a lawyer at the first sign of problems or when you reach the settlement phase.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.