Default Workers Compensation Attorney Problems

I reside in New Jersey, i was injusre while working for the state of New Jersey, although at the hands of an incompetent co-worker, its my belief my workers comp gas from the very beginning has been mishandled, with that said i was injured in 2007, having 2 neck SURGERIES for a spinal cord impengement, and a left shoulder ac resection, as well as a Tbi evolving mostly my left frontal lobe, i was sent by my employer to there orthopedic doctor and his opinion was i had spinal stenosis and degenerative disc decease! Per my attorney, i used my own health insurance and went to my family physician who then sent me to rothman institute, there findings were mind blowing, a spinal cord impengement! Since then ive used my health insurance for treatment and MEDICATIONS, paying over 10s of thousands in copayments! Ive on spoke with my attorney either in person or via myself calling him, the last i spoke with his paralegal was late September 2016, and she stated that my attorney was going to court on this matter on September 27,2016! Until yesterday when i called him,and again spoke with his paralegal, she stated to me that after 10+ years and thousands of my own dollars that im getting all i can get,this really stuck me, as for years he said he was going to get all he could! You see he told me to file for my state accidental pension as well refered me to a social security attorney, and was also told to use my own health insuance,and prescription drug coverage and hed assured me i would get back all money i spent! It was yesterday, that made me think is he out for his own interests and not mine? I did INFACT get accidental pension and ssd, but i had to fight for it! 10+years of my attorney asking for doctors records etc, and this is all i get, while my attorney lined dollars in his pocket and the doctors he sent me too ,10 plus years of being lied too,being misguided by my attorney ! Is this it? Do i revoke his power of attorney and file an ethical grievance with the barr association? I cannot obtain another attorney as its been such along time! Shall i schedule an appointment with my local senator? Shall i go to my wc hearing and ask the judge handling my case,if i may speak with him off the record?
    I hope that someone is able to guide me, this has set me back,as ive been told for soo many years i was going to get a substantial settlement

Default Re: Workers Compensation Attorney Problems

repoman4404rt
    Do i revoke his power of attorney and file an ethical grievance with the barr association? I cannot obtain another attorney as its been such along time! Shall i schedule an appointment with my local senator? Shall i go to my wc hearing and ask the judge handling my case,if i may speak with him off the record?
    None of the above, it'll get you nowhere.
    The judge won't speak with you off record, he could care less and has better things to do.
    Your senator could care less and I doubt they will make an appointment to discus a case in litigation.
    A grievance will accomplish zero, these guys are all in the same bed, they cover each other's backs.

Take whatever you can get and run.
    Because of the current state of our political system, with Republicans holding a majority - the system has been all but destroyed for the disabled or comp claimants.
    You can thank the people who vote Republican and support con men like Trump, Christie and the rest of the nutcases.
    Until this country wakes up things won't get better - for some reason facts mean nothing to the majority of America, they're out for themselves and could care less about anything else.

Count yourself lucky you're getting anything, in some states you would be eligible for zero because of what these Republican Governors have done.
    Let it go and move on, you have nothing to gain at this point.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - they may not be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Default Re: Workers Compensation Attorney Problems

How did your attorney "line his pockets" if you are not getting anything? Your attorney has the case on a contingent fee, correct?
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law