Default Can Ss Take Their Money Back if You Won a Workers Comp Case

my father has been getting ss for 2 years now and he has won his case. workers comp is giving him the money they did not pay him for the past two years all at once and are giving him weekly payments. does ss take all the money for the past 2 years back since workers comp will be giving him that money?

Default Re: Can Ss Take Their Money Back if You Won a Workers Comp Case

Quote Quoting michael1987 View Post
    my father has been getting ss for 2 years now and he has won his case. workers comp is giving him the money they did not pay him for the past two years all at once and are giving him weekly payments. does ss take all the money for the past 2 years back since workers comp will be giving him that money?
    On what we know from what you say....I would guess some of it....There is a 80% rule....so yes if that lump sum was for years not worked but covered by SS they will get a nice chunk of that possibly....

You cant make money off SS, just follow the rules we are bound to.

Ok, workers comp paid him around 50,000 for those years. SS paid him almost the same amount, so how much will he be looking to return to SS?

Quote Quoting michael1987 View Post
    Ok, workers comp paid him around 50,000 for those years. SS paid him almost the same amount, so how much will he be looking to return to SS?
    Combine the two, anything over 80% of his average weekly wage before he was disabled would be an overpayment.

They will take a small amount out monthly to repay any overpayments if that happens - it shouldn't be much.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - they may not be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.