Default Ruptured Spleen at Work Fine Back to Work Now

I recently ruptured my spleen at work and was off for 2 months receiving WC benefits. I am now back to full duty ,am I entitled anything for an apailment benefit?

Default Re: Ruptured Spleen at Work Fine Back to Work Now

David Duncan
    am I entitled anything for an apailment benefit?
    I think you mean Impairment benefits.
    If you have a Permanent Impairment Rating - you will be entitled to "Three (3) weeks of IIBs for each percentage of impairment."

Impairment Income Benefits (IIBs)
    Texas Labor Code (TLC) 408 .121 - 408.129
    28 Texas Administrative Code (TAC) 130.1 - 130.12

When the health care provider determines you have reached MMI, the health care provider will determine if there is any permanent physical damage to your body as a result of your injury or illness. The health care provider will assign an impairment rating (IR) using the 4th Edition of the American Medical Association (AMA) Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment. The impairment rating describes the degree of permanent damage to your body as a whole.
    Your IR determines whether you are eligible for IIBs. Three (3) weeks of IIBs are paid for each percentage of impairment.
    For example, if you receive a 10 percent IR, you will receive 30 weeks of IIBs because 3 weeks of IIBs are paid for each percentage of impairment (10 x 3 = 30 weeks of IIBs).
    http://www.tdi.texas.gov/wc/employee/impairmentben.html

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

I guess I will hear something soon. I have already went to the doctor and was released for work fullduty. Some peoplei have talked to tell me that a ruptured spleen pays 0℅. I find that hard to believe though when a sprained wrist and a pulled muscle are. I guessi will just have to see. Thanks for your feedback and help

David Duncan
    I have already went to the doctor and was released for work full duty.
    That's a gift to the employer and carrier - that doctor is employer friendly.
    At this point, consult and retain a lawyer, they obviously have no intention of being fair - you're wide open to anything, be careful.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.