Default Waiting on Check

My husband got injured at work, he needed and got paperwork signed and turned in for settlement, no courts involved the sent the settlement amount he signed the paper and sent it back. My question is how long are we going to have to wait for this check to get here. We sent the letter back out the Tuesday night before christmas.

Default Re: Waiting on Check

Quote Quoting Bluediamondbear View Post
    My husband got injured at work, he needed and got paperwork signed and turned in for settlement, no courts involved the sent the settlement amount he signed the paper and sent it back. My question is how long are we going to have to wait for this check to get here. We sent the letter back out the Tuesday night before christmas.
    Settlements have to be reviewed and approved by the courts, what do you mean by "no courts involved"
    Not sure of what you're talking about - if you did a back door deal with the employer outside of the rules of law, you may be waiting a long time for that check to come - you've been scammed.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

I didn't know it still had to go in front of a judge, so that maybe why we haven't gotten it yet. We just thought since we agreed on the amount they set the first time, that they would just cut it and send it after the signed papers got to them.

I didn't know it still had to go in front of a judge, so that maybe why we haven't gotten it yet. We just thought since we agreed on the amount they set the first time, that they would just cut it and send it after the signed papers got to them.
    There's a little more to it than that, there's more to consider than just money.
    I'm almost positive you've been low balled and signed away future rights, no telling how much you lost.
    You should never sign anything or enter into an agreement without first consulting a lawyer.

The carrier has a legal team representing their interests, they sure aren't entering into this blind.
    Doesn't it sound like a good idea to at least have someone evaluate your case before entering into an agreement that you know nothing about?
    Call a lawyer who specializes in worker comp immediately - inform him of what's going on, have him evaluate your case and see if you're within the time limits to withdraw this agreement if needed.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

The only thing I needed answered was how long it takes to get here after signing that paper and sending it in.

The only thing I needed answered was how long it takes to get here after signing that paper and sending it in.
    Under these circumstances, anywhere from tomorrow or until hell freezes over.
    This may very well be a stall tactic, I've seen where they did this and never submitted the agreement to be approved.
    They aren't bound to anything, you left yourself wide open.

Tony