Post Injured with Carpel Tunnel

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Wisconsin

I was injured with Carpel Tunnel on 1/9/17 at work with no prior history of it. I didnt report it til the next day after I went to the ER and got it checked out and was told what it was. My work made me fill out a Workman's Comp report. I only missed one day of work but my hand is still numb and hurts at times, I will be seeing my doctor this coming Weds to see if anything can be done.

I want advice because I'm a temp to hire and want to know what my rights are. If it needs to be fixed and I need time off can they fire me? Or if it gets worse and I need time off will that get me fired?

Let me know
    Thanks

Default Re: Injured with Carpel Tunnel

All I can really say is good luck. The workers comp system is a nightmare for carpal tunnel especially. They hire doctors who will tell you nothing is wrong with you, you will work on it for a long time until you're nearly crippled, and you will end up losing your job and your hands. If it's a repetitive motion injury from what you're doing there, quit while you're ahead. I wish I had done it years ago, my situation now is devastating. You really have no rights under workers comp. and settlement money means so little when is that the cost of pain...and your hands

Keith, get some advice from a local workers' comp lawyer who handles occupational disease cases. Those CTS cases are winnable, if, as a lawyer, you know what you are doing.

You can research lawyers at AVVO.com, Superlawyers.com, and check out the "find a lawyer" feature at WILG.org. The lawyers that belong to WILG are all serious about their work on behalf of injured workers.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law

Quote Quoting keith1978a View Post
    My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Wisconsin

I was injured with Carpel Tunnel on 1/9/17 at work with no prior history of it. I didnt report it til the next day after I went to the ER and got it checked out and was told what it was. My work made me fill out a Workman's Comp report. I only missed one day of work but my hand is still numb and hurts at times, I will be seeing my doctor this coming Weds to see if anything can be done.

I want advice because I'm a temp to hire and want to know what my rights are. If it needs to be fixed and I need time off can they fire me? Or if it gets worse and I need time off will that get me fired?

Let me know
    Thanks
    Workmens comp is a horrible horrible system - doctors are all bought and paid for by the insurance companies. You can hire a lawyer to fight and MAYBE get a small settlement $10,000, but lose your job. Unless you work for a union - that could help.

Quote Quoting mktmxl0 View Post
    Workmens comp is a horrible horrible system - doctors are all bought and paid for by the insurance companies. You can hire a lawyer to fight and MAYBE get a small settlement $10,000, but lose your job. Unless you work for a union - that could help.
    You guys have to remember, worker comp pays a percentage of lost wages and medical only - and that's if you're lucky.
    You only get a percentage of what you earn, so unless you make a million dollars a year, don't look for big bucks.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - they may not be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.