Default Sdi Base Period After TTD is Exhausted

My TTD 104 weeks are up. The insurance company paid back EDD SDI from when they paid me while my WC claim was denied.

Now that my TTD 104 weeks is exhausted, I want to file for EDD SDI again and see if I qualify for SDI. Since I haven't worked in 2 years and still not able to (dr. won't say I'm MMI or P&S yet, so no rating yet).

I don't have income from a job in my base period, but I've read on the internet people in my situation are able to get EDD SDI for up to 52 weeks.
    Do I need to fill out the EDD SDI application a certain way?

It sure would help if the dr. would rate me, so I can be done with all this.
    Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Quote Quoting Extremelyconfused View Post
    My TTD 104 weeks are up. The insurance company paid back EDD SDI from when they paid me while my WC claim was denied.

Now that my TTD 104 weeks is exhausted, I want to file for EDD SDI again and see if I qualify for SDI. Since I haven't worked in 2 years and still not able to (dr. won't say I'm MMI or P&S yet, so no rating yet).

I don't have income from a job in my base period, but I've read on the internet people in my situation are able to get EDD SDI for up to 52 weeks.
    Do I need to fill out the EDD SDI application a certain way?

It sure would help if the dr. would rate me, so I can be done with all this.
    Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Update for anyone reading.....,
    I spoke with EDD SDI in great detail about this.
    Because the IC paid back the lien to SDI, the funds were put back into my SDI account. Now that my 104 weeks of TTD are up, I can now use what EDD SDI called a claim extension.

EDD SDI said I need to mail or take them a copy of my letter saying that TTD is over and the amounts paid which the IC mailed with the last payment. Then my PTP dr. just needs to fill out and submit a medical extension form.

So to answer my own question and to advise anyone else with the same question YES you are able to get the EDD SDI after your 104 weeks of TTD are up and you haven't reached MMI yet.

Default Re: Sdi Base Period After TTD is Exhausted

So you mean to say that you can get extensions after your 52weeks SDI is over?

After my 52 weeks was over, within the next couple months later my work comp claim was accepted after initially being denied.

Once work comp started paying TTD, they also paid the EDD back the money they paid me, because you cannot collect both.

When the money was put back into my EDD account, it was there for me to collect again.
    When I became permanent and stationary for my physical injuries and was not yet permanent and stationary from the mental side, the insurance company delayed paying my permanent disability payments, so I had to get back on the EDD SDI.

Then once the insurance company started paying me my permanent disability payments, the EDD cut me off SDI, again you cannot collect both.

After initially being denied I had to go through depositions, AME appointments, my own dr appts, it definitely is hell..... after my claim being accepted I still have to fight through utilization reviews for everything my psych or orthopedic dr want to do or prescribe for me.

Now itís to the point where Iím on my 3rd MSC, trying to reach some sort of settlement agreement, meanwhile Iím still disabled, and have applied for social security disability and will probly get that decision in 7-8 months.

Iím not sure where youíre at in this process, but donít give up. This entire process is hell, and only the Lord knows when it will end.

Youíll be in my prayers as everyone else here as well. Good luck with everything.

Its insane that what you went through is what Im going thru right now. I will be praying for you. Thank you so much

Itís unfortunate 9 out of 10 of us if not all in this forum is going through what we are.

Good thing is we are here for one another. This forum has given me that extra energy to keep going at times when I felt like giving up. As well as put these complicated laws into terms and sentences I can understand.

Quote Quoting Dasrock View Post
    So the path is work comp TTD 104 weeks
    EDD once TTD is exhausted
    PPD or Pd will cancel ttd once mmi
    Then SSDI?
    The hell if I know, Iíve always done what my lawyer has advised. Situations can be different for some than others.

All I do know is, never get hurt at work, and by chance if you do.... GET A LAWYER, the insurance company is not working for you... they are against you.