Default Payments Stopped

I originally injured my upper right back, shoulder, arm, and hand on 5/14/16. Work comp paid me voluntarily until my doctor decided to change my work restrictions without discussing with me. I was sent back to work with almost no restrictions on 12/22/16. By this time, the only diagnostic testing done was a cervical MRI and an EMG. The cervical MRI was normal, but the EMG revealed carpal tunnel syndrome. I was unable to reach my doctor to verify the change, so I finally retained an attorney. I went back to work as instructed by my attorney. I worked 4.5 days and ended up in the ER again with extreme pain and w was taken off work again by my doctors. The payments began again in January.

In, February, I was sent for an IME by my attorney to a doctor who concluded that work was the prevailing factor in my injury. In early March, I attended my preliminary hearing in which the judge ordered the attorneys to agree upon a doctor for another IME. IC was ordered to continue TTD payments pending the outcome of the IME. I went to that appointment on March 27th. This week, my TTD payments stopped. I contacted my attorney's office yesterday to ask for copies of my IME reports. I was told they've already been mailed out. I also informed them that my payment for last week has yet to be issued and they said they would get back to me. Is it possible that the IC ended my payments due to the IME report? If so, what would I do next?

Default Re: Payments Stopped

esp1727
    Is it possible that the IC ended my payments due to the IME report? If so, what would I do next?
    Maybe or your payments may be running late.
    All you can do now is wait and see what happens - if you don't receive payment in a couple of weeks, call your lawyer and find out why.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Default Re: Payments Stopped

Quote Quoting tony View Post
    esp1727Maybe or your payments may be running late.
    All you can do now is wait and see what happens - if you don't receive payment in a couple of weeks, call your lawyer and find out why.

Tony
    At the preliminary hearing, the IC's attorney decided to cancel the IME that was scheduled with the IC's doctor, and just go with a mutually agreed upon doctor to save money. I finally received the IME report from the doctor that the attorneys agreed upon. The judge actually ordered this IME. The report states in detail that not only my carpal tunnel is attributed to work, but also my shoulder/upper back injury is a separate injury and also attributable to work. Since the IME report was sent out, my checks have been issued on different days each week. They used to be issued on Friday and received by Tuesday. They're now being issued a few days later each week. I read in Kansas policies that the employee must be paid in the same manner and on the same dates as they were by the employer. Is it legal for them to change the payment days whenever they feel like it?

Also, pursuant to the court-ordered IME report, my attorney sent a request to the judge to make a ruling on approving my medical treatment. This happened on April 1st. How long do judges usually take to issue a ruling? I have not been seen for treatment by any doctor since January 19th. I'm in constant pain and I have no idea what to do. My attorney told me to go to a $25 urgent care and pay for the visit out of pocket and that we'd include that at the end of the case when an award or settlement takes place. There are no urgent cares in my area. He told me specifically not to go to the ER.