Default Adding Preexisting Condition to Open Worker's Comp Claim and No Response to Settlemen

Hi all, I had carpal tunnel surgery 4 months ago and still had right hand pain after. Doctor ordered MRI which concluded that bulging disc; arthritis and narrowing of nerve in neck could be the culprit as well. Lawyer reached out for settlement prior to no response at all. IME sent me back to work which they all do. What are the odds that my neck issues will be added to the case and why won't they talk settlement?

Default Re: Adding Preexisting Condition to Open Worker's Comp Claim and No Response to Settl

Quote Quoting Erica2962 View Post
    Hi all, I had carpal tunnel surgery 4 months ago and still had right hand pain after. Doctor ordered MRI which concluded that bulging disc; arthritis and narrowing of nerve in neck could be the culprit as well. Lawyer reached out for settlement prior to no response at all. IME sent me back to work which they all do. What are the odds that my neck issues will be added to the case and why won't they talk settlement?
    Zero, you'd have to prove those pre existing conditions where caused by your employment, good luck with that.
    If anything, they'll use that to limit their liability - they''ll claim an apportionment of loss against those conditions

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.