Default Retaliation Question

Ok. Back.injury on job. Reported per law. Manager tried to dissuade me from going to the doctor. Went to clinic. Next morning bring paperwork in for office manager. Morning manager gets huge attitude, begins a rant about me not needing to see a doctor. Should have left job gone home and rested a few day. Stated " you people are killing us*. Then states" think this will be forgotten think again" I don't have to send you out to work.
    Ok, I'm getting the feeling I'm going to be seriously screwed with for filing a claim. (1) is his statement retalitory? (2) Should I hire a lawyer?

Default Re: Retaliation Question

I don't have to send you out to work.
    Ok, I'm getting the feeling I'm going to be seriously screwed with for filing a claim. (1) is his statement retalitory? (2) Should I hire a lawyer?
    That statement is a fact, Florida is an At Will Work State - the employer can fire you for any or no reason.
    As far as retaliatory, probably not - the employer is stating his opinions.
    Even if they where retaliatory, you'd never prove it nor would the courts take it into consideration.

In todays world, employees have little or no rights and these employers know it.
    Thanks to the less minded, bigots and hypocrites, we now live in a Plutocracy - things are going to get much worse in the next few years, the middle class and poor are screwed.

The employment-at-will doctrine:three major exceptions
    In the United States, employees without a written employment contract generally can be firedfor good cause, bad cause, or no cause at all
    https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2001/01/art1full.pdf

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.