Default Symptoms Getting Worse

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Georgia
    Please see previous posts for background....I feel so slighted over this injury...after getting a new orthopedic doctor I was ordered PT which subsequently decreased the swelling I had over my rib cage. Had an appointment (5/31) to see doctor but due to mixup appointment was not authorized (per doctor staff) I called adjuster heard nothing back until this week adjuster reported no authorization was needed. I have a new appointment but I'm concerned because of leg numbness (3weeks) I'm afraid my condition is worsening due to inadequate care....Should I obtain a lawyer? I do not want to sue because I love the work I do and my co-workers are the best...what are my opinions if any?

Default Re: Symptoms Getting Worse

Quote Quoting rdavis28 View Post
    My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Georgia
    Please see previous posts for background....I feel so slighted over this injury...after getting a new orthopedic doctor I was ordered PT which subsequently decreased the swelling I had over my rib cage. Had an appointment (5/31) to see doctor but due to mixup appointment was not authorized (per doctor staff) I called adjuster heard nothing back until this week adjuster reported no authorization was needed. I have a new appointment but I'm concerned because of leg numbness (3weeks) I'm afraid my condition is worsening due to inadequate care....Should I obtain a lawyer? I do not want to sue because I love the work I do and my co-workers are the best...what are my opinions if any?
    You can't sue them. To answer your question, yes you should obtain a lawyer. I found that things moved quicker and it was less stressful to me with the lawyer. They can get things moving better than we can, usually. My lawyer certainly helped when I needed an appointment and was being told the earliest they could see me was December 2016 (I was calling in April 2016). I called my lawyer who dealt with the insurance company and I had an appointment the next week.

Default Re: Symptoms Getting Worse

Thank you for your reply...finally saw the orthopedic doctor ordered new MRI and injections...waiting for approval but ordered my records and found out the surgeon I was referred to see by orthopedic doctor suggested fusion surgery in his notes (but never discussed with me) and reported in notes that I refused. I'm horrified by this because I would never settle to be in this type of pain... what can I do now? Addionally, I have terrible swelling again but this time in my back area.