Default Drug Screening

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: California, been on workers compensation since July 2016, out of work since my injury in late May 2016. Doctors have been trying to prescribe me pain killers and I always said no. I treat myself with medical marijuana for the pain. Now workers compensation is asking for a drug screening. I have my Rec card, will this be an issue? Will workers compensation try to cut ties?
    Last edited by LOPEZC37; 08-22-2017 at 09:55 AM.

Default Re: Drug Screening

Quote Quoting LOPEZC37 View Post
    My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: California, been on workers compensation since July 2016, out of work since my injury in late May 2016. Doctors have been trying to prescribe me pain killers and I always said no. I treat myself with medical marijuana for the pain. Now workers compensation is asking for a drug screening. I have my Rec card, will this be an issue? Will workers compensation try to cut ties?
    Did your treating physician prescribe this pot or did you self medicate?
    They have the right to drug test you, if they find pot in your system without it being prescribed by your treating physician you're going to have big problems.
    Don't do anything without the approval of your treating physician.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.