Default The company doctor released to to full duty employer won't take me back

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: California My company Doctor Realsed me to full duty even though I told her I wasn't ready that I am still in pain, and now my employer won't take me back cause he doesn't want to risk me getting hurt again. I was injured 7/11/07 and it's now 9/12/07 and the only benefits I've been receiving is my State Disability, But since the doctor Put That I would be back to work in the 1st of September The EDD SDI is asking me to submit A supplementary certificate (de 2525xx) so that I can keep reciving State Disability Until My workers Comp case gets approved by employer. So I'm at a lost I have no idea what to do. I went back to the doctor and demanded To be seen that I'm still in pain and my employer won't take me back, and I need them to fill out the SDI certificate for me and they said they cannot see me until the insurance adjuster approves the visit. The dicots closed my case with the insurance and medically released me. And I can't talk to the adjuster cause I have an attorney. All I want meanwhile is to see a doctor and get that certificate sign. Or else I will be homeless by the end of the month. please can anyone Suggest Anything?
    Last edited by BigHappy; 09-12-2017 at 05:25 AM.

Default Re: The company doctor released to to full duty employer won't take me back

Ask your lawyer if after a certain amount of days aren't you able to go to your own doctor, then your lawyer can refer you to a doctor that isn't working for the insurance company.

You can also try to apply for General Releif with the welfare office, they may also have some programs that can help you pay your rent. My prayers are with you as they are with all us injured workers

Default Re: The Company Doctor Released Me to Work, Employer Won't Take Me Back

Thank you! I did ask him and he said they submitted 4 request for me to see a doctor that the lawyers use. He said if they don't respond after the 4th request automatically my lawyer can send me to any doctor and the insurance has to pay for it. It sucks that us injured workers have to go through so much just to try to get the benefits you deserve. After breaking my ass at work for my boss for 6 years he treats me like shit now cause I filled a claim. And When I was first put on restriction a month ago he told me he didn't have work for my kind. And just like that I was on my own with no income. But other workers have been injured and he always gives them work. Thank you for your advise it very appreciated

If you're MMI as of last month, they think you can work, since your job doesn't want you back, doesn't that mean you are technically unemployed? If so, can't you apply for unemployment?

Yes it sure does suck the way we work out butts off and after being injured treated like sh**. I was fired from my job too, been fighting with the insurance company for 3 years and going. They make getting better to go back to work impossible. They delay, deny, and approve only after the issues go to the utilization board for review to see if the treatment request is necessary or not. Hell by the time they get done you're injury is partially healed wrong and it makes you even more disabled.

I couldn't get through any of this without a lawyer and God. Sounds like your lawyer is on it, and you'll be going to your own doctor soon. Hang in there.... ( :

Thank you. I also wouldn't know what to do if it wasn't for my lawyer. My deposition is set for October 2nd. (Idk why they need one from me anyway) and my lawyer filed an Application For Adjudication on my behalf I now have a case number with the workers comp appeal board, do you know if that a good thing? And I'm sorry you had to go through hell as well man. And I will stay calm and focused for my own good