Default California 7 Provisionaly Approved

Im out of work since July 15th on a CA 2. OWCP Approved the CA 2 and I faxed in my CA 7'S AND THE system has said it has been PROVISIONALY approved and will be issued after final certification. This was October 10th 2017. How long does that process take and what does it entail. Y so long and not a day or two?

Default Re: California 7 Provisionaly Approved

You are posting in the Pennsylvania section. You are much more likely to receive a response if you post in the California section.
    Timothy D. Belt, Esquire
    Helping injured workers in Northeast Pennsylvania.
    belt-law@belt-law.com
    www.belt-law.com

DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

Quote Quoting Timothy Belt View Post
    You are posting in the Pennsylvania section. You are much more likely to receive a response if you post in the California section.
    My Apologies for the typo but it wouldn't allow me to delete the California 7 part. I meant CA 7 LOL. I live in Philadelphia Pennsylvania

Is your question in regard to a work injury?
    Timothy D. Belt, Esquire
    belt-law@belt-law.com
    www.belt-law.com

DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

Quote Quoting Timothy Belt View Post
    Is your question in regard to a work injury?
    Yes it is. I'm a letter carrier. I was injured 6/20/2017. My CA 2 for occupational disease was accepted 9/14/2017. I turned in all CA 7's from the pay period of 6/20 till 9/15. In the system the CA 7's have been provisionally approved and will be issued after final certification. This was Wednesday. How long is final certification and what does it entail? I hear that the cut off is Tuesday.

Sorry. I think I am caught up now. You are a federal employee. Your claim would not be handled under PA workers' compensation law but rather federal workers' compensation law. There are only a hand-full of lawyers in the state that handle federal cases, and I am not one of them. I don't know how much you are going to find online, but you may get some information at http://www.owcplawyer.com/ or you could call him Monday for a consult. I have referred federal cases to him in the past and have a very favorable impression. I am not in any way affiliated with him, but Tony-if I have violated the solicitation rule, please let me know.
    Timothy D. Belt, Esquire
    belt-law@belt-law.com
    www.belt-law.com

Timothy Belt
    Tony-if I have violated the solicitation rule, please let me know.
    You can do as you please, you contribute enough to this forum.

Ehakimmcfadden
    I faxed in my CA 7'S AND THE system has said it has been PROVISIONALY approved and will be issued after final certification. This was October 10th 2017. How long does that process take and what does it entail. Y so long and not a day or two?
    Here's a repost of my response to this question from another thread.

It means that your Claim for Compensation has been approved and waiting final review and certification.
    You should hear something within 14 days but it could take as long as 90.
    I would say if you don't hear anything in 30 days, submit a request in writing and ask why.
    Be sure to continue filing Form CA-7 every two weeks until you're advised that it's no longer necessary.

Disability for Work
    The FECA provides wage loss benefits for periods of disability that are due to a work related injury or illness. All periods of wage loss must be supported by medical reports demonstrating that you are disabled for work.
    If compensation is approved and you begin receiving compensation payments from this Office, you should continue to submit Form CA-7 every two weeks, unless you are notified by this Office that this is no longer necessary.
    https://www.dol.gov/owcp/dfec/regs/c...New-Claims.htm

Here's a good blog on this topic:
    Schedule Awards
    By: Snowed
    When claiming a schedule award, a claimant needs to submit a CA-7 and the appropriate medical report to OWCP. Schedule awards are often put on the “back burner” for claimants that are not without other income, therefore a claimant needs to be proactive in pushing their claim along. Although I have not found a guideline in OWCP literature, OWCP internal guides are 90 days for processing a schedule award. This is a rarity however, and suggests that if OWCP does not respond within the 90 days, then further action be taken such as writing to the District Director for the status of the claim and reason for the delay.
    http://theowcpclassroom.blogspot.com...resent_27.html

Division of Federal Employees' Compensation (DFEC)
    Procedure Manual
    8. Schedule Award Decisions.
    After the payment has been certified, the CE should promptly issue a formal decision outlining the award details. Form CA-181 Award of Compensation (or equivalent) should be used.
    https://www.dol.gov/owcp/dfec/regs/c...oup2.htm#20808

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.