Suffered a full thickness rotator cuff tear mid summer. Scheduled to have surgery here in a few days, but have hit a road block. Cardiac doctor will not clear me for surgery under a general anesthetic until I get an angioplasty and take a set of meds for 6 MONTHS. My doctor took me off work due to not be able to sleep at night and having to take medications that won't allow me to do my job as a truck driver. I'm pretty sure there's no way the insurance company is going to pay for that 6 months until I can have my surgery, and I can't imagine dealing with this pain and lack of use of my dominant arm for 6 months! In addition, I have very uncooperative employers and I"m pretty sure they won't pay for my personal health insurance anymore, which is what I would have to use for the heart related stuff. I'm also not sure it's good to let is sit that long. I was reading something about the body trying to repair itself and I end up with "fatty infiltration" to the shoulder. The last chance I have is if the ortho doc would be willing to do the surgery with the nerve block only, which I've read is done often.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem before?