Default PPD Rating Low

Hi
    I had a fall at work in May 2016. I had a massive rotator cuff tear and a bicep rupture. I had surgery in Sept 2016 with rotator cuff repair. The bicep couldn't be repaired. I still have pain in the shoulder. The ortho doc says that due to risk for non healing or retear I have permanent restrictions. No lifting over 10 lbs, no CPR, I'm a nurse, no lifting over head, no pushing, pulling. I have a desk job and no problems doing it besides the pain. I have nearly full range of motion. The doc said it would never get better and always hurt. I have a lawyer. I got PPD rating of 15%. I got the papers from lawyer to sign and return. I feel this rating is low. I'm 58 and may switch jobs at some point. It seems that for permanent restrictions 15% is low since I'd be unable to do regular nursing again. Can my lawyer negotiate for higher rating? I'll call lawyer too but wanted opinions.
    Thanks,
    Elizabeth

Default Re: PPD Rating Low

Can my lawyer negotiate for higher rating?
    Sure, he can have you evaluated by another doctor plus use the opinions of your treating physician to challenge the rating - I'm sure he will take action if this rating is unfair.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.