Default Work Comp for a Temp Worker

Quick question:

I was working a job through a temp service and had an injury in the spring. I have been receiving work comp benefits weekly. I was just now released to go back to work on December 4th but the temp service has no work right now and they job I was previously working is no longer looking for help. I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone at this point on what my next move should be.

Will I still receive work comp benefits if the temp service is unable to place me in a job?
    Do I need to, instead, apply for unemployment benefits at this point?

It wouldn't be quite as confusing if I had been an employee that was hired on with an actual company vs being a temp worker.

I have an appointment with my attorney the week after I am supposed to return to work, so I will get his official recommendation, but I wanted to see if anyone here had actually been a temp and had to deal with work comp and possibly not having a job to return to.

Just not sure at this point whether it would be beneficial or hurtful to just cut my ties with the temp service and start looking for something somewhere else.

Thanks for any input.

Default Re: Work Comp for a Temp Worker

Sounds like you are MMI now.....If you have been released at 100%, yes you would then file for unemployment.