Post Employer Harassing About the Cost of Worker's Comp

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Indiana

I was burned at work, filed a claim with the employer and was seen at urgent care later that day. It was mostly a second degree burn across my stomach area. Treated it with cream, antibiotics and bandages for two weeks or so.

My manager continually likes to tell me how much money she's had to pay for my worker's compensation claim. It was annoying at first, but now feels like harassment. I've cost her this much, etc. etc. And today I got reminded of how much money I cost the company and that it's my fault and no one has ever been that dumb to get burned like that. I felt like I was treated like I'm dumb and that it is entirely my fault. I thought it was an accident and proceeded with the proper avenues of treatment and reporting.

Not sure what to do. But also could this be considered harassment? Should I file a complaint with the state?

Default Re: Employer Harassing About the Cost of Worker's Comp

Quote Quoting charlie3 View Post
    My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Indiana

I was burned at work, filed a claim with the employer and was seen at urgent care later that day. It was mostly a second degree burn across my stomach area. Treated it with cream, antibiotics and bandages for two weeks or so.

My manager continually likes to tell me how much money she's had to pay for my worker's compensation claim. It was annoying at first, but now feels like harassment. I've cost her this much, etc. etc. And today I got reminded of how much money I cost the company and that it's my fault and no one has ever been that dumb to get burned like that. I felt like I was treated like I'm dumb and that it is entirely my fault. I thought it was an accident and proceeded with the proper avenues of treatment and reporting.

Not sure what to do. But also could this be considered harassment? Should I file a complaint with the state?
    Sounds like you work for an idiot.
    Filing a complaint will only make things worse and accomplish nothing, either ignore it or find another job.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.