Thread: Tri-Cities

Question Tri-Cities

Well, it has now been 3 years. I am still stuck in life limbo due to my spinal injury. After 20 years in construction, my lower back finally burst. Now I can't even take a deuce without serious pain. 6 out of 10 on good days. I am currently awaiting my "appeals trial" as I have been denied surgery by Qualis 2 times now. First was for disc replacement and then the other for disc fusion. Payments are still coming in. Lawyers are getting 15% off the top and 30% of any future settlements.

Anyway, I have been very careful about following the MD orders. I rarely venture outside and when I do I am slow and methodical about my actions. I don't do anything that would injure or injure my spine. After attending the required SIMP Program L&I wasted money on, I have had to use a cane for any walking over 100 feet. Unless I am in the store, as I would utilize a shopping cart for support instead.

Finally, the question. Is there any reason that I should suspect L&I of attempting to hire a investigator to "Catch" me in the act of some type of physical activities beyond the scope of my doctors recommendations for limitations? I have followed their instructions to a T. My Neurosurgeon is quite literally one of the best in Washington state. He is the president of the board for Christs Sake. He wouldn't just ask for spine surgery if it wasn't necessary. I am curious as to how much money the L&I goons spend on surveillance.
    For the most part, I can understand why. I mean, I have witnessed some pretty dumb folks out there faking or exaggerating their "Injuries."
    Thanks for your responses

Default Re: Tri-Cities

Is there any reason that I should suspect L&I of attempting to hire a investigator to "Catch" me in the act of some type of physical activities beyond the scope of my doctors recommendations for limitations?
    You can bank on it 100%.
    They have to do due diligence, they have to verify your claim.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.