Default Time Frame Second Injury Fund

Hi,my attorney filed second injury fund petition last month I wanted to know how long for any kind of response from state? Do you think ill be accepted? I was injured on my job sep 2016 was collecting WC for 5 months and during that time on WC i applied for ssdi due to prior mental issues and then injury at work made it unbearable to work at all. I have been seeing neurologist 5x year for 7 years and was approved may 2017,I had 2 IME Visits and 6 other including psychiatrist. Thank You. This site is very informative,Great work

Default Re: Time Frame Second Injury Fund

Hi Jojet,

Welcome to the NJ WC Forum. Its a pleasure to know of you and to help inform you of the workings of NJ's WC System. First a congratulations to you for winning a period of total disability determination from the SSA. Along with NJWC NJ's, SS's burden of proof is next to impossible to meet with that said you are off to an excellent start.

If you need any help with getting free/reduced medical/w drug coverage and cash assistance until your done that does not need repaid I can show you the steps on how to proceed NEVER JUST APPLY FOR STATE AID 1st!!!! I understand how difficult this time is for you and your loved ones! When I did it I just wished there was someone to talk to that truly understood the WC system inside out and could explain it to me in lay terms, Ive been doing just that without a material fact incorrect. Maybe a few misspoken words due to my passion,for being NJ's WC advocate.

First you were very well advised to file for SS most likely when you were deemed MMI as your disability will be challenged but with a SS determination of total disability challenges will be given little to no weight in NJWC Court due to your current SS status. The benefits are great while waiting as well.

OK Did you have your lawyer's IME (the ones you had to pay for upfront) And was the Psychiatrist your lawyer's Dr??
    For the SIF you will see several State Psychiatrists, at least I did. If your lawyer is worth his salt he will not allow you to see a Dr that will hurt your cause, all these Drs are WELL KNOWN for their opines on certain issues. ALL are WELL credentialed, well educated, so be honest and always remember your serious breaking points as well as how you felt of them. Your credibility is all you have when you are one on one with these true experts in their respected fields. Your case is taken out of rotation for now, until you have completed all the medical exams to satisfy the State that SIF is appropriate then a determination is made to either complete your case or send it back into rotation to complete your employers liability as well as ratings of

Sorry but your answer is not as cut and dry as the question asked, of the Drs seen how many were WC ins experts and your WC experts (the ones you paid upfront to see)?

The State's huge back log of cases I would guesstimate your final hearing at very best end of 2019 but more like 2020-2021 with the little info given, and that is the very best time without any bugs in the system. When you get letters from your lawyer its going to be most likely an appt. to see a new state Dr and if you pass this test you move up the ladder to the next Dr until you reach the final Dr who will ultimately determine if you receive or get denied SIF benefits, but most who get that far are truly deserving of the SIF

NEVER post on public forum info that may ID who you are. Ins investigators troll sites like these and thats not what you want getting involved in your claim for SIF

YEA I agree this is a great site with great folks all doing what that can to be helpful to all who seek advice and help. I wish I knew how to type and turn on a computer in 1994, but Im old schooled in the school of hard knocks 😎

BUG

PS:Knowing your injuries and the DX would be helpful to better assess this cases time limit

Quote Quoting Jojet View Post
    Hi,my attorney filed second injury fund petition last month I wanted to know how long for any kind of response from state? Do you think ill be accepted? I was injured on my job sep 2016 was collecting WC for 5 months and during that time on WC i applied for ssdi due to prior mental issues and then injury at work made it unbearable to work at all. I have been seeing neurologist 5x year for 7 years and was approved may 2017,I had 2 IME Visits and 6 other including psychiatrist. Thank You. This site is very informative,Great work

Default Re: Time Frame Second Injury Fund

Hi Bug, I had 2 IME exam 1 paid,2 neurologist 1pd,3 orthop 1pd ,1 psychiatrist, all exams except 1neuro were done after work injury to shoulder tears /neck/back/ bicep, SIF pet filed few months ago silence since, can state send patient for unlimited dr exam? thanks again, jojet