Default TTD Payments

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: California
    Hello my workers compensation case was settled on 4/18/2018 I was receiving TTD payments from the State will those payments be deducted from my settlement? I had to resign from my job and I am still unable to work or to seek for a new job will I continue receiving TTD payments or will they stop I was not receiving workers comp payments. Thank you very much for your help.

Default Re: TTD Payments

Quote Quoting erniess831 View Post
    My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: California
    Hello my workers compensation case was settled on 4/18/2018 I was receiving TTD payments from the State will those payments be deducted from my settlement? I had to resign from my job and I am still unable to work or to seek for a new job will I continue receiving TTD payments or will they stop I was not receiving workers comp payments. Thank you very much for your help.
    Once you settle, the case is closed and TTD ends.
    TTD is not deducted from the final settlement, any PPD paid will be though.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Thanks Tony because I had to resign from my job at the moment I settled my case could I apply for unemployment insurance benefits? Now Iím still in TTD unable to work status and my next doctors appointment is on May 15. 2018

Quote Quoting erniess831 View Post
    Thanks Tony because I had to resign from my job at the moment I settled my case could I apply for unemployment insurance benefits? Now I’m still in TTD unable to work status and my next doctors appointment is on May 15. 2018
    You can't be temporary total if you settled - they don't settle until you reach MMI and have a permanent rating.
    You're not eligible for unemployment if you're disabled.
    You need to consult a lawyer and find out what you're doing, what you're posting doesn't make sense.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

My workmans comp Dr. extended my disability till the 28 of December 2018 and my TTD ran out 7 months short of Dec 28 2018.Im now still on disability and recieving no funds.I have no means of support.My shoulder replacement didn't work and I have major pain.What do I do now.my comp lawyer seems to be lacking in the area of giving me the information I need.

Quote Quoting Rich69 View Post
    My workmans comp Dr. extended my disability till the 28 of December 2018 and my TTD ran out 7 months short of Dec 28 2018.Im now still on disability and recieving no funds.I have no means of support.My shoulder replacement didn't work and I have major pain.What do I do now.my comp lawyer seems to be lacking in the area of giving me the information I need.
    If your lawyer can't address these basic issues you are in trouble.
    Only a lawyer who knows the details of this claim can give advice, there are too many variables to even guess at what to do next.

Tony