Default Failed Drug Test After Work Injury

I had a beam roll over on my foot and told foreman was sent home this happened on Thursday on Monday was told by employer had to go to doctor and be check out and drug tested. If I refuse test or fail am I still compensated For injury

Default Re: Failed Drug Test After Work Injury

Quote Quoting Spatches View Post
    I had a beam roll over on my foot and told foreman was sent home this happened on Thursday on Monday was told by employer had to go to doctor and be check out and drug tested. If I refuse test or fail am I still compensated For injury
    The only reason I can think of for refusing a drug test is that you where obviously under the influence.
    Refusing or failing a drug test is grounds to deny your claim. (rightfully so)
    You can't go to work under the influence, get hurt then think you're eligible for compensation - man up and accept responsibility for your actions.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Was not under influence at work took drug test and failed because of taken unsubscribed medicine and smoking some weed to ease pain wasn't tested till 6 days later

Quote Quoting Spatches View Post
    Was not under influence at work took drug test and failed because of taken unsubscribed medicine and smoking some weed to ease pain wasn't tested till 6 days later
    If you where in that much pain, why didn't you go to the doctors?

So, you never smoked weed or used illicit drugs before you where injured?
    I hate it when that happens.
    You're inhibiting the healing process, breaking the law and risking death from an overdose.

That's a good line, but it won't fly.
    Taking drugs not prescribed or smoking weed at anytime during the claim is reason to deny and possibly lose your job.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.