Default My Lord How Many Mscs

For the life of me why are we on the 3rd continued MSC hearing... adjuster was changed.... they are trying to settle.

What the hell about the surgeries I need? Iím so lost in this entire process even with a lawyer.

My advice to any and everyone NEVER EVER NEVER GET HURT AT WORK
    Last edited by Extremelyconfused; 04-26-2018 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Correct spelling

Default Re: My Lord How Many Mscs

I say the same thing to everyone. It's tough. Just hang in there.

Agreed, I went through the same BS. Be sure not to sing something that you don't understand. Is common practice for the lawyer during the MSCS to pressure you to sing the settlement. Make a list of Items you are concern and ask your counselor.
    remember whenever the insurance company offers to settle, you are not obligated to accept also, the offer is valid for a period of time. If you don't feel comfortable with the offer DO NOT sing

Good luck.

Most work comp cases eventually settle. If the proposed deal makes sense, to you and your lawyer, do it. But settlement requires everyone to compromise on their position.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law

Initially the first MSC the IC offered to settle and the amount to a person like me sounded like a lot. My lawyer explained to me why it wasnít, and we did not settle. 2nd MSC the IC pulled the ďthe adjuster was changedĒ we will give them a chance to go over everything and offer a new amount at our 3rd MSC. Meanwhile my lawyer has also mailed them a settlement request... so I guess this next move is on the IC in this work comp chess game.

I noticed after I applied for Social Security disability and they requested my medical records from the IC... now the adjuster is changed???

I know someday we will settle, Iím praying through a C&R so I can be done with all this and just take my medical chances with life.

Iím not too sure if they want to do a stipulated settlement with lifetime medical, the AME said I need 2 surgeries, and future psych... and my lawyer will reopen it to get a higher rating because as each day goes by my body is only getting worse.

Either way I wouldnít be able to do or understand any of this without my lawyer. I am so very grateful for him and how hard he fights for me.

I have so much respect for you guys (attorneys) and what you do. I cannot imagine even learning half the everchanging laws, let alone fight for others. It takes a passion most humans do not have. God bless you Bob for all you do for people... it takes a lot to fight for yourself .....and you and other attorneys fight for others.

Thanks. I enjoy helping people. Most plaintiff's lawyers do.

Adjusters get reassigned all the time. You really cannot read anything into that.

Just keep working with your lawyer. If he or she knows comp, this will all work out for you eventually. Good luck.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law