Thread: Sdi Over

Default Sdi Over

Hello Guys. Im new to this. I’ve been injured for almost a year ‘back’ My WC is still denied and my SDI is about to end in a few weeks. Im still employeed but they cant accommodate my restrictions. I still waiting for my court date. Will I be able to get help fromm EDD when my SDI ends? Anyone been to this situation? California. Thanks

Default Re: Sdi Over

When my WC claim was initially denied, and I got the EDD SDI, when it ran out I was going to have to apply for welfare. Because I was still TTD, the EDD wouldn’t even pay unemployment, plus my funds that were in my EDD account were done.

During all this I have a lawyer, and I hope to God you got one too. My WC claim was eventually accepted and I was paid the TTD, and they paid EDD back (because you can’t get Edd disability for a work comp injury). Now I’m at the permanent and stationary phase of all this crap.... still fighting for everything!

I suggest if you are TTD that you apply for welfare and food stamps, it won’t help much but it will help some.

If you are able to work with restrictions, maybe you’ll have to find a new job that can accommodate your restrictions, that’s why you need a lawyer, to advise.

Definitely get a lawyer and fight.... don’t give up, this all takes time, a lot of time. Maybe some other forum members may have had a different experience, I’m only speaking for what happened with me.

Wow. Looks like we both have the same thing going on. Im still waiting to get my claim accepted and yes I do have a lawyer. This whole WC has made my life a living hell. I will look into welfare and foodstamp. I guess that’s the only hope for now. Thank you.

Are you still totally disabled? Or are you partially disabled able to work with work restrictions?

What did your lawyer say about what you should do? Welfare and food stamps would be a “quickest” way to get a little something, but not your only hope.

Dr. Said Im permanent and stationary. but able to work with restrictions. My lawyer is waiting for a trial date. I was hoping there is an extension for SDI.

If you’re able to work you wouldn’t get SDI, that’s more like unemployment... but you’ve exhausted your funds.

Have you tried looking for work within the restrictions they gave you? You may have to end up looking for a different job within your restrictions if your job can’t accommodate you.

Lord knows these trial and MSC hearing dates are scheduled so far out I just pray to live until my next one.... good luck with everything.