Thread: in Maryland

Default in Maryland

Hello,
    I was hired a year ago by my employer to do a certain job. I was asked about 3 months ago to change to work in the warehouse. I then started having medical issues from all the extra work that is involved by doing so. I had medical issues when I started but the position I was hired to do would not affect my health. When I was asked to change what I do I had no idea it would affect my condition the way it has. I got a doctors note to give my employer to be placed back in my position I was hired for. He told me to give him a week... that was 3 weeks ago. I have brought it up a few times but I feel that I'm being put to the side. I don't know what to do or how to go about it? I cant afford to lose my job because I'm the only one working in my house right now. He sees me limp around here and can see I'm in pain... I don't know what to do?

Biggury

Default Re: in Maryland

I got a doctors note to give my employer to be placed back in my position I was hired for. He told me to give him a week... that was 3 weeks ago. I have brought it up a few times but I feel that I'm being put to the side. I don't know what to do or how to go about it?
    That doctor can write restrictions, he can't tell the employer what to do.
    Work within your restrictions, force the employers hand - they can either accommodate or lay you off.
    If they lay you off, you're eligible for wage loss and medical - if it is determined your disability was caused by your employment.

Consult a lawyer at the first sign of problems, I have a hunch this employer could care less and will try to avoid liability.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Default Re: in Maryland

I came here with the disability....when they changed my position within the company my legs couldn't take it and now I'm having health issues. If they left me in the position for which I was hired for I wouldn't be going through this right now. I just can't believe that my health issues are basically being brushed under the carpet!!

Biggury

I even have Handicap placard...lol